Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Silent block identification

Q plate

Enthusiast
Not the best picture sorry but Im planning on repairing the rear suspension mounts and replacing the suspension bushes whilst it's dropped but I've got a bit confused. Im tempted to buy the rear brackets with the bush fitted so I dont need the outer silent blocks as well but they also list a kit with 2 bushes (one kit for each side) so would this be the inner and outer? Thanks in advance

20230705_151735.jpg

Sorry back again to this could somebody 'mother' me/confirm what else I need to order, hoping to refurb the rear suspension whilst off over xmas and want to order the parts next week. I've already bought the outer bracket with the bush pressed in (below) so is there an additional inner and outer that I still need? Sorry to be a pain just want to get it right and sending stuff backs costly/not always viable

Thanks all

Screenshot_20231203_175431_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tutorial over here https://www.la4ldesylvie.fr/changement-des-silentblocs-de-train-arriere

This is what to order
rear axle bushing.jpg

This is the outer silentblock and support (the outer bush already pressed in)

1701629714968.png

This is the inner silent block see the tutorial on how to replace the bushing.
1701629860956.png

The whole rear suspension has to be removed and disassembled. Carefully take photos, make drawings, notes, measurements and angles and don't be surprised with additional surprises on the rear chassis legs.

029.jpg

Many thanks excellent info it's all stripped out and I've been working on the chassis (all the usual issues) but that's drawing to a close now so onto the next stage..

Back