Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Simpa

Prospector

Enthusiast
As some of you might remember I bought a simpa from a member on this site. Unfortunately it turns out it had false plates and documents, this has been reported to the police who are dealing with it.
What I would like to know is what value you would put on the simpar just for parts ,I require an unbiased opinion please, it is not for sale, your help with this would be greatly appreciated.

LHD i assume?
845 i also assume ?
£500 i would say as that's what my rusty RHD simpar cost.

Just to confirm the big number across the middle of the diamond plate on your bulkhead doesn't match your V5 at all ?

The French often seem to use secondhand chassis and think nothing of it. I think my Rodeo may have had a replacement chassis from some other car but I've not checked the numbers as they are hidden on the Rodeo.

If the rest of the numbers match on an otherwise authentic car who really cares?

My mot station was not happy that they couldn’t make out the numbers on my chassis because ide put so much heavy marine primer on it before painting !

Surely if the car has been registered over here then you can just wait till it's MOT exempt and nobody will be looking at any of the numbers lol

Has anyone had experience of a vehicle attaining the new exemption age yet (40 year?), Is it an automatic date roll over where the vehicle becomes classic/historic on the system overnight and becomes MOT exempt as such or does it have to undertake an inspection similar to say Germany or Spain before its given the exemption but only if it meets the set criteria for a historically registered vehicle during that inspection?

I did see al the reg. numbers on the chassis oval plate and factory tag. Nothing matched the provided papers.

As far as value.
There are some Sinpar kits on leboncoin. Asking price varies from €2500,- for a Cleon compatible kit to €1300,- for a small engine kit.
Depending on how good of a haggler you are the asking price will probably not be reached.

The actual value for a complete Sinpar Renault 4 will be whatever the seller wants and what the buyer is willing to pay.

I think that £500,- is somewhat low as a value estimate.

As always , you are talking sense, I tend to use you as a bench mark , sorry for the delay in responding,heart problems got in the way!

Back