Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Sinpar - any out there?

simonandjuliet

Enthusiast
I am rebuilding a '78 sinpar F4 at the moment and am missing one or two details, mainly the wiring associated with the transfer box and rear diff (there are switches which light up dash lights when engaged) My diff/tfr box are actuated by a single dash-mounted lever. Has anyone got a similar model and can take relevant photos ???? I am in the S of France and they are rare here, so maybe its a long shot ..... Thanks Simon

Sinpar

Hi, I own a number of Sinpars which I keep in my place in Dordogne. I have a 1966 R1123, a 1968 R1123 and a 1973 R2106, all Sinpar 4x4. The first one has a single dash lever like yours. This is a 3-speed. The other two are 4-speed and have a dual lever operation, one dash mounted and the other floor mounted. No dash lights. For pictures see: http://www.lasudrie.nl/album/album-3
I could send you a copy of the Sinpar manual that I have if you provide me your e-mail address.
The picture is of the 1968 R1123 dash lever.
3-36.jpg

Sinpar

Many thanks , and some great photos . My van is an R2106 as well but later, so there are detail differences. On the transfer box and diff there are switches but no wiring or warning lights - like yours. Maybe switches were fitted but never connected ! I have a sinpar parts book and operating instructions - is that the same as you have?
Thanks again, Simon

• P1220710.jpg
    P1220710.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 279
  • P1220707.jpg
    P1220707.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00320.jpg
    DSC00320.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 294
Sinpar

Hi Simon,
My parts book is PR. T. 9743 and the operating instruction is an original typed manual of a couple of pages.
I'd be happy to scan and send you a copy.
PS. I hope your car is well secured when you are working on it!

Sinpar

Hi
The book and instructions appear to be different from mine (downloaded from the French R4 website) - so yes please ! email: simon.juliet@minervewines.fr .
Car is VERY well secured - bracket bolted to seatbelt mount on the sill and additional safety straps at front and back, all suspended from foot square roof beams! Means you can weld without fear .....
Cheers Simon

Back