Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Solex 32 BIS mixture screw

shirley

Hello everyone, I have a 1986 Renault 5 which is fitted with a solex 32 BIS 836 carbuettor, I think this is the same as some renault 4's, anyway, I noticed he was running a bit rich and thought to adjust the mixture and idle screws, I almost fell over when I discovered the mixture screw was missing! I bought a Solex 32 DIS screw from e-bay as they all seemed to be those kind, but it's too large a diameter and won't wind in properly. I have no idea what the original screw looks like and can't find any anywhere, I've tried a couple of carb refurbishers but not getting anywhere, the service kits don't seem to have mixture screws in them, I'd really appreciate some help
in finding a screw or a suitable alternative remedy, any suggestions really appreciated.
Many thanks
Shirley

not much on the transverse R5 is the same as the earlier r5 stop tail and indicator bulbs is about it
being a renault hoarder and mechanic last 40 years pretty sure got 3 or 4 carbs hiding at my workshop
call me on 07973423795

hidden away I found a carb with a screw but turns out Haynes book of lies strikes again and it was not m8ssing after all

• 20190504_111519.jpg
    20190504_111519.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 6
hidden away I found a carb with a screw but turns out Haynes book of lies strikes again and it was not m8ssing after all

Ha, Ha, in my defence......no, there is no defence, I was a dolt! But all sorted now, Thanks again Paul, This is a great club isn't it!

Back