Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Spares for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam4R4SPARES

Enthusiast
Hi, have just picked up some odd spares that people may be interested in ? 1970s Orange velour type rear seat with the parcel shelf .A 70s front headlamp but with the facilities of a separate sidelamp bulb hole in it .It is in good order and now very rare .
Also have loads slow/dead stock such as driveshafts,front headlamps,
electric cooling fans, interior and dashboard trim, glass,switchgear, all the rubber mats, shock absorbers, seatbelts, wing mirrors etc etc .I can also provide new pattern part body panels
Just give me a shout if you need anything and i am happy to box up and post anywhere .

spares

Hi Liam,
hope all is well.
I have a naff rubber stick on type rear view mirror on my 85 gtl
Is it possible to fit one of the earlier type solid rear view mirrors and if so can you still drive forwards! supplementary question....do you have one?
regards
dave
ps the tow bar i got is a cracker!

The standard GTL mirrors are best .Get either a special glass glue or even better araldite and carefully stick it on .I have GTL mirrors if you should need one

Hi Liam
I am interested in a replacement windscreen, a pair of new outer wings a front floor rubber, a pair of VAN mirrors and an ashtray(!). Can you help with any of these.

Regards
Tracey

Tracey Ruck said:
Hi Liam
I am interested in a replacement windscreen, a pair of new outer wings a front floor rubber, a pair of VAN mirrors and an ashtray(!). Can you help with any of these.

Regards
Tracey
Hi Tracey,
how are the dogs ! Sorry windscreen i do not have [beware van ones are different to car ones] , pattern wings are now £30 each . They used to be really cheap but i thinks its a case now that demand is slow so it has to worth there while to manufacture them , van mirrors i do not have and ashtray i will have a search about as may have one .Easier still is to just drop the habit ![don't you just love non smokers !]
Regards Liam
p.s did you ever find about the VW camper that is sitting idle near you ?

Windscreens are the same van to car surely (isn't the body the same back to the raised roof?) - maybe the rear screens that are different.

Renault themselves were doing reasonably priced front wings (£26 each) a couple of years ago. Might be worth asking if they have any left.

Hi Liam
Thanks for the info, I'll check out the glass with George at Whitehouse. I shall want the wings, but as they are not urgent I will probably wait until I am passing your way or getting something else from you.
Sorry I didn't get back to you about the VW, but I don't think there's anything doing there. It looks as though it is about to keel over and die. I'll try to get a photo of it to send to you.
The ashtray would be handy if you have one, not because I would use it but the gapping hole is getting on my nerves.
Dogs are all doing fine - spark out most of the day in this heat.
Regards to Louise

Tracey

Hi Liam I have an 84 R4F6 Van, Can you supply replacement floor pans for it and if so how much would they be. I am planning on restoring it and will probably need many other parts. Thanks Danny (wizwires)

Hi Danny, Liam had moved away from the R4 scene and soesn't supply parts any more.

Floors for the F6 would be less common than the saloons (F6 is longer). Probably the first place to try would be Renault. I'm not aware of any aftermarket manufacturs of F6 panels, but someone else might be able to suggest some.

Thanks Malcom will give renault a go, browsing this site has given me the enthusiasm to pull the old girl out the garage.

parts enq

hello there...i am after a driveshaft for 1985 f4 van 1108 c.c...they are the later type though i do not know what is the officail name ...can you oblige...many thanks mike gaunt

Liam sold up his Renaullt 4 stock a couple of years ago so is unlikely to be able to help.

If you want to spend money driveshafts are still readily available. Try a motor factor or Der Franzose on the internet.

need rear light

hello. just backed into my husbands hilux ,oops ,now need drivers side rear light can anyone help,many thancks babyblue

You can get them new from Renault or if the seals ok I'd read the thread about the lovely irish 4 thats being restored and make him an offer for one of his lights after he's bought new ones just to replace the seals.

IHTH

Pepper

if they are expensive new let me know
i took several with me at the kent run but sold none :( £5+postage

there are two slightly different types though one with a ridge and one without and they wont always interchange both ways can post pics if need be

Any one got a drivers side (LHD) rear passenger door handle (plastic handle/chrome knob) for an '86 4L
Thanx

GregoryW

If you are quick and prepared to pay a fiver for the experience I'm planning a trip to the post office tomorrow morning. PM me with your address. Presumably just the handle required not the knob?

Malcolm, I am abroad at the moment so was not quick enough, but if you still can post the address is: 20 River Street London EC1R 1XN. Let me know where to send £5 +any P&P. Many thanks GregoryW

Sorry for the delay - I immediately checked my box of LHS door handles after your post but found it to be empty apart from a half dozen RHS ones that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

You can only imagine my surprise tonight when I looked in my seatbelt box and found a rare LHS door handle (LHS for the ones on your left when looking forward from the driver seat). Can't imagine what it was doing there but the upshot is I do have one.

So did you say £7 including postage? (edited price - I thought it was you being cheap but that turned out to be me. Do you need the fixing nuts too?) Send a private message and I'll rush the rare and desirable LHS door handle to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back