Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

speedo head U/S again !

Cyprus Andy

Enthusiast
Hi folks, well after pulling it to pieces and rebuilding it the speedo is in need if replaceing AGAIN :mad: it registers as far as 30mph then stops and only drops again if I bang on the top of the dashboard but never rises higher than 30mph and it has a new cable fitted so its not that ???
Anyone have a speedo head they would like to sell me ? pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :oops: its for a 1977 R4L (TL as it was an export model ) MPH or KM I am not bothered which as long as it works :)

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
  • rats nest.JPG
    rats nest.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi folks, well after pulling it to pieces and rebuilding it the speedo is in need if replaceing AGAIN :mad: it registers as far as 30mph then stops and only drops again if I bang on the top of the dashboard but never rises higher than 30mph and it has a new cable fitted so its not that ???
Anyone have a speedo head they would like to sell me ? pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :oops: its for a 1977 R4L (TL as it was an export model ) MPH or KM I am not bothered which as long as it works :)
does it really go faster than 30mph?:eek:
i had similar problem with ny new tank(smaller only 25liter instead original 40L and new gauge especially for the 25liters)

Usual problem needle curls up and touches clear plastic front orange needles suffered worse than white

Back