Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Stay safe everyone

I celebrated being 60 yesterday, and invited 25 friends & family to a local restaurant for a meal and "a few drinks".... We all acted in a (vaguely) sensible manner and although I appreciate this is a serious matter, I don't think it's quite the panic it appears to be in the media. That said I've just heard that EasyJet are suspending all flights, so my work environment at Luton Airport might be quieter than usual.....

Last edited:
Here in Portugal - all schools & public buildings are closed and our routine now consists of working online> going To Lidl > getting fuel and going to the lakes which are usually deserted (no change there) and back home. That's it. Hope all are following the health recomendations being issued to all of us in all different countries around the world; we are all in the same boat. Boa saude (good health) amigos xx.
P.S Just been down in the old Quatrelle; to the lakes to cut up fallen wood for our woodburner/backboiler. Now to plant the veg - & live on shirt buttons! Courage mon brave!
JOBBINS & RENAULT.jpg

Last edited:
Talk about frustrated... My newly acquired R4 Savane is sitting in my French friend's garage ready for me to collect – except, of course, now I can't go and collect it for the foreseeable future! I've not even seen it in the metal, let alone drive it. And to wind me up, he's parked it next to a 2CV he bought to sell on. Sigh...

89404952_554214621862483_6872014657909948416_n.jpg

Here in Galicia from 8.00am tomorrow supermarkets, chemists only, no talking or going near people when walking to essential only places,€600 min fine!!, worrying times, standing outside closed cafe stealing wi-fi atm, probably wont be visiting forum for foreseeable, good luck and stay well to all you people.

Last time I dropped off work suddenly I got really depressed. Be careful - If you can't work make sure you have plenty to do. Get right in to it and get in the swing of things - you can take a break later.

I've been taking Fridays off work to get prepared. For me it's a recession and there won't be any work for 2 years after the end of this month. I want to hit the ground running this time.

Maybe I'll get the Rodeo finished. :-O

I celebrated being 60 yesterday, and invited 25 friends & family to a local restaurant for a meal and "a few drinks".... We all acted in a (vaguely) sensible manner and although I appreciate this is a serious matter, I don't think it's quite the panic it appears to be in the media. That said I've just heard that EasyJet are suspending all flights, so my work environment at Luton Airport might be quieter than usual.....

First of all congratulations with your birthday.

The media are at fault for blowing this situation completely out of proportion. I do agree to that.
But the last few days I have witnessed what this virus is capable of. Seemingly healthy young people hospitalized with high fever and multi-organ failure.
So please be careful.

Last time I dropped off work suddenly I got really depressed. Be careful - If you can't work make sure you have plenty to do. Get right in to it and get in the swing of things - you can take a break later.

I've been taking Fridays off work to get prepared. For me it's a recession and there won't be any work for 2 years after the end of this month. I want to hit the ground running this time.

Maybe I'll get the Rodeo finished. :-O
For me I have SO much to do i will have no problem there unless I’m not allowed to buy DIY stuff!
So what do you do Malcolm that you think will hit so bad for so long ? You’re a clever chap with a good sense of humour. The Rodeo will keep you occupied

Have any of you seen this shocking and prophetic documentary? History tells us a great deal and certainly this pandemic cannot be underestimated

• C274695B-CD85-4199-85FC-AC85242DF5B8.jpeg
    C274695B-CD85-4199-85FC-AC85242DF5B8.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 6
Have'nt seen it Jonathon; i might not! I've seen the pollution maps from google earth before & after though - & they tell a very powerful story! There are important lessons for all of us round the globe about how we live, work & travel & relate to one another. I'm heartened by the utterly poignant sight of people in Italy singing to one another from their balconies! Courage mon brave & stay healthy! 65 year old Jobbins in the garden xx

To show support and gratitude to the healthworkers this enormous banner saying "This is where the heroes of Breda are working" has been attached to a hospital in the Netherlands. It is the hospital with the highest number of COVID-19 patients and yes, it is the very same hospital where Harbourseal is working. So indeed: "CHAPEAU", Harbourseal! Please stay safe yourself!!!View attachment 25380
I second that BlueGreen, stay safe Robert, on the front line!!

[I'm 60 QUOTE="harbourseal, post: 68433, member: 1978"]First of all congratulations with your birthday.

The media are at fault for blowing this situation completely out of proportion. I do agree to that.
But the last few days I have witnessed what this virus is capable of. Seemingly healthy young people hospitalized with high fever and multi-organ failure.
So please be careful.[/QUOTE]
First of all congratulations with your birthday.

So please be careful.
I'll be 60 in September, I'm in the UK but having a suppressed immune system, I'm in the vulnerable group. This worries me slightly but we're now in self imposed isolation as much as possible anyway. Maybe the media have exaggerated things but we can't afford to take chances.

So what do you do Malcolm that you think will hit so bad for so long ? You’re a clever chap with a good sense of humour. The Rodeo will keep you occupied

Engineering consultancy. Pays well but tends to be the first thing to be hit by a recession. No sight of any work after this week so it'll be at least the summer off, but more likely a career change this time. I'll panic buy some bags of lime this week (bet nobody has thought of doing that) and get on with fixing up the house and garage.

I can see the reasons and they are worthy- slow the thing down and give the heath service a better chance of dealing with the worst cases.

Back