Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Tailgate and Rubber door seals-fitting them

sshermand

Enthusiast
Haven't been here for while, but glad to see the website is going strong!Hope everything and everybody is well!

If I may pick someone's brains; It's just that I have a new set of rubber seals and for the four doors and tailgate ,which I got from Renault - they were not cheap but didn't want to take any chances in terms of attracting water features and ponds on the floor!

So the question is:

How do I fit them? Is there a special technique involved which is necessary to ensure no leaks?! Petrified of that happening ! And what type of glue would I need to buy?

As always appreciate any advice given.

For the door seal glue give Derek at Renospeed a bell and ask him. I've completely forgotten what he suggested, but it's worth giving that a try as quality contact adhesive is a bit touch and go. If you do phone write it down and let us know what he says.

Can't think of any fitting advice. Leaks are not really a problem for the door and tailgate seals - the water normally comes in around the windscreen and rear screen seals. They tend to sort themselves out, but it's worth making sure the seal fits correctly in the corner, checking how much of the seal you need to apply glue to at the top of the frame as it can overlap, and try one first and see how (and in the case of aftermarket seals if) the door shuts.

I don't believe anybody actually came back with Derek's recommended door seal adhesive. I know all of my door seals require replacing so unless I can find some here, I'll buy them from der Franzose, but what about the adhesive?

Forum member angel has door rubbers to offer. I bought it from him.
Holow model.....

I have used Patex Total adhesive.
But you can use any contact adhesive for rubber. One that you need to left almost dry before conecting two parts you want to glue.

Hello fellows!
All I want to ask is if the seals are fitting on the body or on the inner part of the doors.
Many thanks for your help!

Back