Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thanks Clementine and Frederick

Bluebell

Enthusiast
Just look what Clementine and Frederick got up to last week when left unsupervised in the Renault 4 garage! Buoyed up by their success in renovating the Aston Martin they felt ready to tackle the Maestro campervan.

Stills from the surveillance camera show them rebuilding and fitting the rear metal bumper. Clementine chooses a new go-faster stripe and gets a bit tangled up. Frederick makes sure all is well for the MOT.

So that you will all be able to make a Maestro bumper, Clementine tells you how it was done in the Mig Welding section under 'Fabricating Complex Shapes'.

CNV00030.jpg

CNV00033.jpg

CNV00035.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the sensible version of the bumper repair: http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/complex-shapes.htm

I'd wondered what the cat and frog were up to - I've told them they can't play with Renaults until they've finished the Aston, and yet they are messing around with other cars and going to Kentish Renault 4 meetings.

Good to hear the repaired bumper pipped you through the MOT.

Maestro campervan for sale

Whilst I was at the Renault 4 garage Frederick and Clementine went off for a spin in the Maestro campervan. As you see below they got a bit lost and had to look at the map.

Anyway I took the opportunity to look in the barn and found a Renault 4 called Bluebell, looking rather forlorn and covered in hay. It was love at first sight and hopefully Clementine may have time to restore Bluebell as soon as the Aston is finished.

So if anybody wants fun and freedom this summer the campervan is up for sale. It has been maintained by Clementine and Frederick (although you cannot hold a couple of furry puppets responsible for anything!). It has a year's MOT and tax until November. It has a brand new radio/MP3 player and mechanically is very sound. If you've seen the MIG welding pages you'll see the wheelarches have been replaced.

The accommodation is very tidy. There's a link below and I'm hoping get up to date soon with a new page. I'll keep you posted.

CNV00036.jpg

Last edited:
Back