Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The lime green Deluxe on eBay

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
That lime green deluxe is back on ebay. Seems it needs a little welding.

Did anyone go to look at that car first time around? If so what did you think of it? Were there any nasty problem areas (other than the chassis) - especially regarding the condition of the interior with those wonderful bench seats.

I'll maybe go and have a look at it later on in the week.

:clementi:

I've seen the car on ebay. The guy seems pretty genuine and his feed back is good although he only has two!

As it's a fairly rare, desirable and tax exempt I think I'd go for it. It's still on a tenner at the moment but think it will fetch rather more towards the end of the auction.

I went all the way to London from Anglesey for that bright purple one that was advertised on this forum recently; got it for a tenner so was worth it!

Now looking for a circa '84 doner to swap from left to right hand drive.
I towed it back with a one man dolly but the lime green one could be booked in for an mot and driven; has to be insured though.

Did you see the Red R4 on ebay that went for £870 the other day!!!

I see what's happened here. It's the same seller that advertised the car in March. He offered to MOT the car at the time so I guess that was going to cost him too much.

I tried to arrange to see the car back then, but I was busy and we couldn't arrange a good time. Maybe I'll try again. :D

lime twist

Hi I THINK this is the same car that i went to see about 6/9 months ago when it was for sale in the midlands...Now I know this is only my opinion but i thought it was a complete dog.
Obviously its not very original, but it really was very poor. It also had no oval or diamond plates, I suspect it is a later car on an earlier tax exempt log book.
They always look better in the photos than in real life....I have bought half a dozen cars off ebay and so far only half matched the discription...
The last 4 was a f4 van in Ipswich, discribed as rust free, it had two plates on the inner wings about a foot long and 6" wide stuck on with bath mastic...nice.
Stuart

If anyone is interested in it they could "ask seller a question" about the oval plates. If it has none then maybe Stuart is right!

Hmmm, I seems to have bagged me another R4. Well, you can never have too many.

I didn't manage to arrange a viewing. We'll see what it's like when I pick it up. If it's non-original as Stuart suggests, then it'll make an excellent base for a slightly modified car. I'll check chassis numbers etc before collecting.

It was the same car Stuart. The current owner said he bought it in Nottingham. I'm planning to mess with it a lot so it shouldn't matter too much if it's a bit of a dog. In fact it'll help my concience. :D

I see what you mean Stuart. Turned out to be a rough early TL with tax free numberplates bolted on. The chassis number didn't match the registration document so I left it well alone. Hopefully the car will find it's way to Liam rather than the scrapyard.

Worst of all it didn't have a bench seat! My quest continues...

He was a nice guy and was OK with it all. He just wasn't aware of the identity issues before I pointed them out so he's sending my money back. He's not going to try and sell the car on with the legal issues so it's Liam or the scrapper.

Never can resist a cheap or free R4 . The yard at work is the equivelent
of the elephants graveyard for R4s .At the end of their time they seem to know where they are heading.
Only have a decent stripped bodyshell sitting on half a chassis and a few bits and pieces so could use a decent terminally ill car to keep me busy. Anyone local to me that needs one disposed of ?

Back