Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The Members List

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
I've just had a look at the Members List hoping it might shows who lives where, as I was wondering if there are any local owners. Nothing. The List is in post order. Those who post the most are at the beginning, and so on downwards. For all I know there might be a Renault 4 owner in the next village but I have no way of knowing. How about a map of the UK showing British owners (for instance)? Just a thought.

It's tricky to achieve. We could have a map, but some members might not like to be on the map for privacy reasons (me included).

Some sites have a system where members send a message to a map co-ordinator who manually adds people onto the map and removes them when they want to be removed. I wouldn't want to be the co-ordinator myself as it would be a huge amount of work.

It's tricky to achieve. We could have a map, but some members might not like to be on the map for privacy reasons (me included).

Some sites have a system where members send a message to a map co-ordinator who manually adds people onto the map and removes them when they want to be removed. I wouldn't want to be the co-ordinator myself as it would be a huge amount of work.

Malcolm, I belong to a GoldWing forum which has worldwide maps showing members. Of course those who have no wish to be there, say so and aren't included. Personally I have no problems over my privacy, or lack of it. A simple map with dots showing who lives where. Without regular meetings, our 2CV group (2CVGB)meet once a month with 20 to 25 members every time, nobody knows where anybody is. Just a thought, and worth discussing I'm sure. For all I know there may be ten or more R4s within spitting distance but without knowing it.

Paul if your in Kent come to the meeting in May and get to know a load of us 4 fans...

Stuart, That is already in my plans. I shall be coming along with some 2CVers too. I just thought it would be nice to meet up with someone local but the present 'system' on here doesn't allow it.

Tricky one but think there are only a few regular posters and a lot of usernames which may now have lapsed
Even if you posted today appealing for local to you members to contact you you may find unless they see post ie regular forum user they may never see it

If the how many left figures are to believed then they by law of averages could be spread far and wide

At 4.0839°west, I wonder if I'm furthest west member in UK

I'll happily do that if you like? I'm pretty poor at understanding computer stuff but I'll have a go.:waving:

The results will be interesting, with the added potential to offer "local" assistance.

I believe bantamallan is my closest member, and a nicer chap would be difficult to find,
N

Neil don't you love me anymore ?
Seriously be interesting experiment
Are we using world map

Sorry Paul, i thought it was all over.
Devastated when my Valentine's Card came back " return to sender".......

Seriously, I*m not up 2 speed on these programmes & apps you frequently mention.
I still use my original road atlases from the eighties.
Curling up a bit on the corners these days
But i*m eager to participate!

Walking up from the bar with the missus, i thought i was hallucinating when this convoy showed up on site yesterday evening:-
20160505_184806.jpg 20160505_184819.jpg 20160505_184842.jpg 20160505_184906.jpg

Back