Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

there's a Renault 5, been sitting for about a year..

Melissa

Enthusiast
it's in my drive (just bought the house previous owner died) I've tried to jump start it & nowt, no lights on dash at all..nothing. What could I do next to try get it going?thanks.

Melissa

Enthusiast
Try a fresh battery, should at least get some dash lights coming on.

Then see what happens from there.
you were right! she very nearly started, I cleaned off the rotor, turned the plugs leads..there's no fuel getting to the fuel filter so I'm guessing there's a blockage either in the tank or in the line..or I need to put in more petrol.. I chucked some fuel into the carb & bless her she started, then died..hazards keep going all the time (even when switched off) so must be some rusty earths (?) but it's looking promising.

J. Agosto

Hi;
I'm in Florida , U.S.A. Over here they know me as RENAULT SOURCE. Lots of parts for R-5 and older Renaults Got some parts on Ebay.com as user name agostoja947 . Let me know how can I help.
Thanks

Melissa

Enthusiast
ok got the car going today, tricky as the person who parked it up did so over a large rock so there is a hole in the fuel tank! took a while to spot, thought petrol tank sender was sticking..poured in fuel, nothing! stuck some tape over & voila she started, sounds pretty good too considering it's been sitting for over a year. I know nothing about these cars, think she's a super 5, cills are solid, phew, says GI but I'm guessing the L is broken! get the paperwork tomorrow

Attachments