Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Three months in and all is well

ecurb.renots

Enthusiast
I bought my 1982 LHD Clan around 3 mnths ago and since then have done a leisurely 2500 KM around the Limousin in France. My car had dine just under 99,000 KM when i bought her and was being used daily. She has not let me down but has needed some work as used but not mechanically maintained that well.

Work so far, oils and filter changed. One disc caliper was sticking which meant new discs and pads after freeing the caliper off. While it was apart it was obvious the ball joints needed doing as while there was no wear the rubber covers had perished and the grease had long gone.

I have also had a bit of flooding from the 281F carb the other day so I think its due a rebuild and new float needle which looks to be an easy job.

One irritant I have yet to resolve I cannot hear the indicator and keep leaving the damned thing on, I suppose i could just do as the French and not indicate but anyone know of a repalcement indicator can which makes enough sound to hear.

Finally anyone know what these marks means painted on the front left inner wing, they look original.IMG_4536[1].JPG

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are enjoying your R4. The code stamped onto the inner wing is the paint code.

Sorry I can't help with the indicator problem. Do you not have a tell-tale light on the dashboard for that? Or do R4s from 1982 not have that?

Most of the online auto electrical sites have buzzers that you can wire into your indicator circuit.

Back