Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Paint codes - I need yours

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I put together a paint code page a while ago, but the colours were photographed from a paint chart and didn't come out very well. I'd like to replace those colour tabs with pictures of real cars.

If you know the colour code for your car and could post a photo of it I'd be most grateful.

• colours.jpg
    colours.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,480
Paint code 355 Artic White

Renault4GTL005.jpg

Gary

Brilliant, thanks Gary. I've also posted a similar request on the RCCC forum as it occurred to me a lot of the colours on there aren't actually Renault 4 colours.

bleu océan 430

There are a few 430s and a few versions of bleu océan. Quite confusing...

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,488
Thanks, they are all up there apart from the 418 - the image had a copyright watermark on it, but I know what the colour is now so that one should be easy.

The picture was one of Eds from RCCC but here is an 8G in 418

Image006.jpg

and an R8S in 386 Belgian racing yellow

dimanch07008.jpg

Both cars were mine and since sold to John Pigeon RCCC
Gary

Excellent - the blue looks more in place on a R8G. I've added those in. With a little detective work I've found Ian's car is 927 so that's in too.

I can't wait for someone to tell us what the police blue, colour code is. I don't have the colour on my wing or the oval plate on the bulkhead. All thats left is the chassis number.

James is 465 Brume Bleu. I thought of submitting a "sunny" shot, but I think this brings out the colour in its full baby-blue glory.
Robert

• R4 Brume Bleu.jpg
    R4 Brume Bleu.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 725
I've added yours in already Ian :D Spotted the paint sticker on one of the photos taken in France during the engine change.

That's a really handy page Richard! I'll link to them so people can find information and pictures on codes that we've not been able to come up with.

Thanks RichardIRL. As I can't find a stencilled paint code, and the count-back method of the third line of the oval plate doesn't work either, maybe for our R4 it is the fourth (last) row of the oval plate which is the colour code: 468 (bleu ozone or ozone blue). Certainly, our R4 looks to be the same colour as the car pictured there (look for bleu 468 ozone).

• 2007-02-11_after.jpeg
    2007-02-11_after.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 725
That does look like bleu ozone.

If you open the bonnet, look at the flat front of the inner wing (around where the arrow in the picture is pointing at, except behind the bonnet), that's where your paint number should be.

Otherwise it does look like bleu ozone...

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 664
That's where I looked, but couldn't find it! I'll look again though. Thanks for the picture.

Thanks, we've got photos or links to about 54 different colours now. Only 70 to go! :D

It does seem that Renault re-used colour codes for different colours over the years.

Back