Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Tilting Car Lift

bison

Enthusiast
Morning Folks,
Does anyone have any experience of these gizmos?. They cost lots of beer tokens but look like they could be really useful. I saw one at the classic show and was quite impressed. It would certainly cut down on the rolling around on the garage floor. I haven't made up my mind as to whether or not to invest in one so any info would be really helpful.
Alan.

hi alan
i presume you mean the ones where you roll the car on its side i had one years ago, by the time you get it on the thing and find somebody to help you push it over you could have
done the job your on with - also i found it very dangerous if you dont get it right it can trap you against a wall or something - buy a secondhand ramp much safer.
i think i cut mine up for scrap- nobody i new wanted it after seeing the perfomance i
had with it
Reg

Hi Reggie,
Ah, not exactly, I mean the one which is very much like a mini ramp, you slide it inder the car and it lifts in a sort of cantilever action using an electric drill to wind it up, when the car is at hight, about 55cm, you can then tilt the car pushing down on the back or front of the vehicle if you wish, or lock it off horizontaly. My garage has quite a low roof and wouldn't fit a proper ramp in. The good thing about this one is the wheels are free to rotate, so if you have any brake or steering work to do it looks like a dodle.
Alan.

ahh
sounds a better prospect - safer too - didnt want you wasting your money like i did.
Reg

bison and reggie! The Swedes had such a contraption some years ago
Called TipGirl.... I have no clue as to IF it worked as supposed-As with lots of Swedish stuff it might have ended belly-up (Volvo/SAAB/Viggen jet)
-need I say more? c",) -R.

I think you would be better of buying a see saw and when you require the use of the said item, I will send my wife round to sit on the opposite side of the see saw that the car is situated on.
This will then enable you to inspect the car without any fear of collapsing, all my wife will require for this service is a mug of tea and a extremely large slice of cake
billy

see saw

hi billy
i take it your wife dosnt read your e mails or this forum-or you would be making your own tea- brave man:smile:

Back