Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Trees and Renault 4's...

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me the variety of tree in front of my R4 in France on the right of this photo - There is a cd as a prize for anyone who gets it correct and to give you all a clue, it begins with S!!

• cimg0423 email.jpg
    cimg0423 email.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 120
With the limited amount of information available from the photo, i'd have to hazard a guess at the Sweet Buckeye (aesculus flava).

I reckon it's a Sickly Sykamore, although I'll hedge my bets and go for a Sickly tree just in case.

..Bluebell, you are so clever...

Sorry Roodini and Clementine, 'tis neither Sickly Sykamore, sickly Tree nor Aesculus flava but.....a Sassafras..... Bluebell is spot on and you really are so clever Bluebell - Perhaps I told you?

Anyway, Bluebell if you were wrecked on a desert island and found a working Bose Hi fi set under a Sassafras tree with a cd already in it, what music, group, person would you want to be on the CD?

Right, am off to Dubrovnik this morning to buy a Renault 4!!

• cimg5095 bluebell small.jpg
    cimg5095 bluebell small.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 131
..... Bluebell is spot on and you really are so clever Bluebell - Perhaps I told you?
Anyway, Bluebell if you were wrecked on a desert island and found a working Bose Hi fi set under a Sassafras tree with a cd already in it, what music, group, person would you want to be on the CD?
Thanks Ian, you can tell me any amount of times how clever I am. I would love to lie under the Sassafras tree and I would be playing The Bluebells of Scotland by the Corries. (Sound the Pibroch/A Little of What You Want..)
It would make me nostalgic for my old life when I was a Scottish Bluebell. :rolleyes:
But don't worry if you've spent everything on buying the new R4 - a much more worthwhile expenditure!

..talking of Bluebells, Bluebell..

Is this man playing 'The Bluebells of Scotland' ...or has he just got the wind up his kilt? The kid on the right is me by the way!!

See you soon

Jock McStanbury

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the other one........

Ian, I said bells with an e! Does your mum still get the pudding basin out to do your hair? And do you find many of your old cars by dredging the bottom of the harbour?

Calm down now - these insults are not the sort of thing we expect to see on a family friendly Renault 4 forum. I can report that Ian's hair is much better styled these days, and what remains has changed colour since those Fettis days.

The big party at Ian's place isn't so far away now. Anyone else coming? :D

Party!

Clementine, Ian knows I'm only joking. Please don't ban me from the forum, I'll be a very polite Bluebell in future. And please, please, please can I come to the party? :D

...Renault 4 land...

..in 10 days, 3 VIP's including Bluebell and Clementine will be visiting my old water mill in Western France for two weeks - I am half way bewteen Nantes and La Rochelle.

If anyone would like to come and say hello and have lunch, a glass of Mareuil Rouge and mess about on the river, you would be very welcome.

www.moulinbodin.net

Back