Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Useless Owner

victoriahoskyns

Enthusiast
I have got the red lights for oil and coolant coming on only when I brake - or tip downhill and brake.

Now, I do know how to change the oil - but in the renault book it says that I have to put special coolant in - what should that be? I don't know why but from memory of last car (1990) I thought that was water.

Please help I need to do this asap as I hate to think of my car suffering in any way.

Best,

Victoria

Both of those lights coming on at the same time will mean oil pressure - I guess your oil level is too low. Check the oil level - it is probably too low and will damage the engine.

The coolant is normally a mixture of 1/3 anti-freeze and 2/3 water.

Thanks so much Malcom, will sort out immediately. I love my car so much but have to leave its mechanical TLC to Derek at Renospeed as I can only do the admiring, talking to and nurturing.

Hi Victoria
Just spotted your thread. I'm the Mark who is thrilled to own Ian's car. I will be writing on that thread later but in the meantime 'hello'. I'm not far from you. Ian and I are driving together on the Kent Run - fancy a 2 car convoy to the M2? I'm picking Ian up from his house in Dulwich.
Funny you should mention Derek. I've not met but I'm taking mine in tomorrow for a full service - 10.30 if you fancy a coffee! Derek is always so helpful on the phone.
Great that R4's are re-populating South London. Lookingl forward to meeting you at some point.

Best wishes.

Mark

• DSC02319.jpg
    DSC02319.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC02320.jpg
    DSC02320.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 151
Back