Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Various Parts wanted

bob_g

Enthusiast
I'm after a few parts for my LHD 1987/8 R4 TL - can you help with any or all of these?

Most importantly:

Boot Hinge x1
1 wiper arm
lock set (boot and drivers door - I have no keys)

Less Importantly:

Jack Handle
dashboard plastics (the bit round the instruments and the bit under the steering column)

Thanks - my number is 07816 four two two one two zero, or pm / email me.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, bob, I will have a look at the car I'm scrapping tomorrow and see if I can help,

I'm not sure if the car I have has locking fuel cap, but I do know that the rear light lense is smashed!

Thanks pepper - any help is appreciated :)

I think I've been here before (I had two renault fours many years ago) - I do have a recollection of Frederick the Frog showing me how to fix bits on the car, although I don't remember there being a forum.

Also, if anyone has a pair of rear wings (RHS particularly) that they want to move on to a fellow owner, then let me know. Ta :)

Bob I'm very sorry, I didn't get a chance to check out those parts for you on Sunday.

Its the trouble with working away, in the past seven weeks I've only spent 6 nights at home so I've not been able to get any of my own things done and when I am home Judith has a list of chores as long as my arm!

I haven't forgotten please bear with me and I'll try and get it sorted out this coming Sunday.

..Thats a BIG list Pepper..

..Because thats at least 460 mm if I am not mistaken -Thats 940 sheets of A4 paper with an average of 60 lines -That equates to 57600 CHORES for you to do!!

What on earth is she planning - Emptying the dish washer, sanding and varnishing the 1970's G Plan dressing table ready to sell on Ebay ( I haven't bothered to sand mine - http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/...ml?_nkw=g+plan&_catref=1&_trksid=p3913.c0.m24)
WD 40 the door hinges, catch the mouse in the kitchen, empty the recycle bin, swat the flies in the bathroom, clean the bathroom mirrors, get that loose front door step changed, clean the Blueberry jam stain off the sofa, hoover the dog hairs off the arm chair, check Ians Lottery tickets, write to Tesco to complain that they have changed the recipe for their Thai chichen soup, ring up Warwickshire Water and compain about the water tasting like second hand Perrier, wash Harry the hamsters treadmill, put the new wheel on the wheely bin, etc etc

With the other things, you should be busy then at least till the Olympics in 2012, assuming you dont go to work!!

Seriously Pepper I am sorry to hear about the Kia bill - The words Bar Stewards spring to mind!!

• P1000905 e.jpg
    P1000905 e.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 55
If you get stuck I've probably got all those bits. But I'm planning to increase my pricing towards unreasonable as it takes ages for all the communication and pulling cars out far enough to get the bits off, and I always need them myself a week later. But if no-one else can help and you are desperate there's possible help for the remainder....

Thanks all - this is turning into the sort of thread I'm used to! (it's much the same over at ClubCappo - Suzuki Cappuccino Owners club, where I usually hang out).

So far the list looks like this:

Right Hand Rear Lamp cover - have glued the smashed pieces of mine back together - it's passable for now, but still looking for a better one.
Boot Hinge x1 - still need one of these
lock set (boot and drivers door - I have no keys) - could still do with this - not ideal leaving it unlocked everywhere
Fuel cap, including key - Can get a new one from ebay for £13, although unfortunately it looks like it's black rather than chrome
1 wiper arm - still need one of these
Jack Handle - still need one of these

dashboard plastics (the bit round the instruments and the bit under the steering column) - will probably manage without this

Ignition Switch (not holding out a lot of hope for this) - including keys, and possibly the shroud round the column. - will probably manage without this

Rear Wings - awaiting a response on new ones from a panel supplier, and will ring my local supplier tomorrow

I have a full set of matching locks and ignition key! I just need to get to the car to get them out!

The one wiper arm is fine and I should have all the dashboard plastics required,

The rear boot hinge I haven't looked at yet though. and there was a jack handle with the car when I got it if my kids haven't run off with it!

I also have one Rear wing but I'm not sure which side it is

Oh and Ian its the Ercol dining table that needs sanding!

Ooh - sounds good :)

Have a think what you'd like for the bits and we'll sort something out :)

Have now sorted the Fuel Cap (new old stock from ebay), and glued the rear light back together (it doesn't look that bad for now), but could still really do with a boot hinge, a wiper arm and a lock set :)

Back