Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

"Vast Quantity R4 Spares Free" 20-07-08

benchseat

Enthusiast
Please note that this huge pile of misc. bits was sold on eBay - but I still have a number of R4 spares available including a few early 1960s items such as spring-loaded steering rack (NOS), 6-volt heater fan, gear lever, radiator, driveshafts - also various bits mainly for later (1970s) 845cc R4 models. Call me on 01531-670634.

Did that vast quantity of parts go to a good home? I was a little worried about the scrap prices at the time and feared the worst.

I think all my early bits are in good condition so if I bought them I'd only end up with them cluttering the place up here. I don't suppose you fancy posting a list of the bits you have and then holding onto them for years until someone is desperate for them? Otherwise international eBay might be worth a shot, or an ad in the French 4L magazine. Seems there are many more early cars over there. Only 3 series 1 cars in the UK I am aware of.

Otherwise I've got loads of space, and we could perhaps come to some arrangement in aid of other Renault 4 owners!

I doubt if many of the parts would be useful to me but I could catalogue them and we could use them for peoples future projects.

Hello Malcolm - I'm not sure whether it was a good home or not, but the buyer appeared to be an old car "nut" (not only Renaults by any means) with shed space to spare, so hopefully he'll be able to make some use of them.
The few 1960s bits that I have left are in reasonable condition. Sure you don't want a few extra spares to go with the 1965 R4 with shiny seats that you bought from me? (not Zebedee - the other one). In any case I don't intend to scrap them and they may make their way onto eBay in due course.
I'll probably be eBaying another load of small bits fairly soon. You've seen my R4 "dump" - I'm trying to dismantle the remaining hulks and get down to cars that actually run, before my cardiac problem finally puts me out of action.
Cheers
Robert

Renault 4 GTL parts

Please note that this huge pile of misc. bits was sold on eBay - but I still have a number of R4 spares available including a few early 1960s items such as spring-loaded steering rack (NOS), 6-volt heater fan, gear lever, radiator, driveshafts - also various bits mainly for later (1970s) 845cc R4 models. Call me on 01531-670634.

Hello

I have a 1987 R4 GTL that I'm restoring and I need some parts.
Please can you tell me if you have available the plastic clips to fix the side black frames to the body? I'll need around 15.

And drivers door lock with key plus press button.

leal11feb@gmail.com

Thanks

A.Leal

Spares needed for 1985 R4

Hello,

I have a 1985 Renault 4 that needs parts to get through MOT. Can you help?

Ball joints (x2) n/s o/s front
Steering rack
Shock absorber o/s rear

Call Paul on 07786693658 or 01225 868376

Thank you

Peche, you can normally get ball joints from your local motor factors and the shock absorbers.

As for the steering rack pm me I may be able to help.

Back