Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Villiers MK25

John Doe

Enthusiast
Hello there,

an old forum member here, still with R4s in the yard but with little time to spare for my hobbies.

I have an old MK25 engine that is a part of a cultivator made by my grandfather back in the 1970's. I would like to restore it to its original condition since I used to work on it with my grandfather. My grandfather passed away many years ago and this has symbolic value to me.

I wrote to villiersservices.co.uk but no answer from them.

I am in need of the following:

- coil
- condenser
Any good soul to help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,
Vedran

Would the be the same Villiers engine as was used in early Bond cars in the 1960s? As I recall, the engine was a 250cc Villiers 2-stroke motor, which was mounted on the front axle and turned with the steering. I've probably not recalled all of this correctly, but if I have, I'll attempt to offer some more advice!

Would the be the same Villiers engine as was used in early Bond cars in the 1960s? As I recall, the engine was a 250cc Villiers 2-stroke motor, which was mounted on the front axle and turned with the steering. I've probably not recalled all of this correctly, but if I have, I'll attempt to offer some more advice!
It's a 4-stroke petrol engine, like this one in the picture:
dsc05219.jpg

You can see it in action here

Back