Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted door locks and keys Renault 4

Ade916

Enthusiast
Hello all.... Ive managed to lose my spare keys and my original key for the door locks and back door is really worn making locking the doors a real fiddle. Is it possible to obtain new "tumblers" and keys? If so where from? I havnt removed the lock assembly and im only surmising the door handle assemblies can be stripped to remove/replace new tumblers.

Cheers

Ade

Thanks Andy. certainly will look into it......Just gonna have one go at tearing the house down to see if i can find them.

Cheers

Sorry if I'm late, but I hope that the set you bought isn't as bad as what the one I did buy a while ago, with the same Renault logo shaped keys.
I wasn't really happy also because on ebay the seller wrote the pieces were in France when actually were shipped from Morocco.

I then bought this set from an italian seller:
http://www.melun-retro-passion.com/...-r4f6-r6-r12-r15-r17-jeu-de-4-id-252417N.html
And it was way better.

Sorry if I'm late, but I hope that the set you bought isn't as bad as what the one I did buy a while ago, with the same Renault logo shaped keys.
I wasn't really happy also because on ebay the seller wrote the pieces were in France when actually were shipped from Morocco.

I then bought this set from an italian seller:
http://www.melun-retro-passion.com/...-r4f6-r6-r12-r15-r17-jeu-de-4-id-252417N.html
And it was way better.

Ok Thanks for the info. Ive ordered the ones from "Morocco" So i'll see what there like. What was it you didn't like? Function? build quality? or just that cheap and nasty look?

Cheers

Ade

It was the build quality, specifically the material strenght.
I put them in place and seemed to fit quite good, but once I was absent-mindedly and tried to open the door without unlocking it and the lock cylinder itself collapsed letting me open it.
Then I tried on the opposite door and the result was the same.
I think the best part of that kit was the shape of the key. :laughing:

How do you get them out of the piece they’re in?

Back