Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted: Rear light lens for 1985 TL

85TL

Enthusiast
Desperately require a rear light lens for my beloved R4, Currently doing work to get it through it's first English MOT and indicator lens fell out this morning en route to get new tyre fitted - Please help, (I live in Birmingham)

Al

Hi Alan, thanks for replying. My girlfriend seems to think it is the Nearside (I put the car away in a rented garage this morning and have momentarly forgotten) I would be interested in getting a spare of each. It is just the indicator part of the lens that has fallen out. I would be most greatful if you can help in anyway. In the mean time I will re-check which side it is.

Cheers

Alex

am i right in thinking that there are two different makes of lamp and lenses dont swap over perfectly
or am i thinking of mk1 R5s
pk and seima or maybe cibie ?? anyone ??

Not 100% sure, but to my knowledge they are interchangeable. I can easily source a new full rear lamp - However I just want the lens, Dom you have said item or do you know where I can get one at the right price - New or secondhand?

sorry no lenses here only F4 van ones :(
think car ones will swap one way round (mixing makes) but not other way
confirmation any body ??
paul

Look on ebay in renault4 shops there is a are 2 new L/H lense's and a new rear lamp holder(seima) both buy it now items,there may be others as well. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Many thanks, have just ordered said item - cheers for the advice :wink:

just noticed my blue car has got 2 odd lenses but my eyesight cant read writing that small any more !!

I think you are right about the lenses. Noticed Ermintrude had odd rear lights and tried to pinch one to make a matching pair from Ian's spares car in France. It didn't fit at all, so old one went back on. It'll be something daft like being interchangeable one way only.

Theres one type with a smooth rounded cover for the indicator and tail light, and another with a step around the edge. Bet the ones with the step are the ones that will fit anything.

More lense's on Ebay France i was suprised with the small quantity of spares for R4 may be theres plenty of parts lying around so no need to put them on ebay.Plenty of cars and vans though.

R4 Lens and Lamp Near Side

Hi

If you still need a rear lens, I've have a spare near side lens and lamp. £5 + £4 P+P Tel: 07941427281

Back