Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted Tow Bar

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Ok if I'm going to Keep BB, then she's going to have to earn her keep, especially as big Kia is stuck in France until I can get a Booze run in!

Does anyone have a spare Tow bar kicking around that they would let go cheaply please?

I have a house that needs clearing in Telford and we're going to need lots and lots of trips to the tip!

..You can borrow mine Pepper..

..Its on its way to you now - You will have to fashion some angle brackets hanging down from chassis in your workshop - you owe me £7.00

I will post a pic of the brackets in one minute..

• CIMG4114.JPG
    CIMG4114.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 109
  • CIMG4115.JPG
    CIMG4115.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 111
You'd be best scrapping that one Ian - looks very unsafe in a way that only French mechanics (or farmers anywhere around the world) can manage.

..Unsafe Malcolm?..

..I have towed more than 200 tonnes of Honister Slate from...Honister to Timbucktoo with that tow bar and it was much better than the couple of old bungee cords that I tried initially!!

Anyway its on its way to Peppers already so he can decide its fate!!

• CIMG0263.jpg
    CIMG0263.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 106
It does look very French.

Thank you again Ian for your Generosity, I shall have a look at it when it gets here and see if I can sort it out.

Will PayPal be ok for payment?

If so mail me your paypal address as I can't find it in my history.

..You owe me nothing Pepper

..Over the course of the next few weeks can I suggest that you buy 'us' seven lottery tickets..

If we win, could we split the winnings?

That sound hot to me?

• xcvcx.jpg
    xcvcx.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 96
Hi Ian, the tow bar arrived safely thank you, just a quick question, was the car it came off bumperless? I tried offering it up but with a back bumper on it doesn't seem to want to fit.

..Morning Pepper..

..It came off my car with bumpers and the brackets (see pics above) that hold it had it hanging down slightly below the chassis.

Good luck and if it is no good keep the ball and connector for me and chuck the rest away.

Hi Ian not had time to fit the towbar, yet and I keep meaning to photograph the lottery tickets so we can both check the numbers.

(I shall have to get my secretary to organise these things for me) Its been the only problem for me for the past 8 weeks or so only having had about 6 nights at home means I end up catching up on all the little jobs that need doing and have no time for my own things.

On the subject of towbars - are they the same on the hatchback as on the
F6 van, if so I will take the bar off the car and fit it to the (hopefully) soon to arrive van. If any one knows it will save me the possible hassle of taking it off only to find it won't fit!:)

Back