Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted: Translucent Quillery Steering Wheel

Hi, i have one I will sell. I am away at the moment, will post some pictures next week when I'm home.
Cheers Simon.

Hi, I am home now, if you are still looking for a steering wheel I'll find it a post some pictures.

Cheers Simon.

Wow, that is a very rare steering wheel, still NOS available but it will cost a lot of £££. Even damaged second hand are rare and also sell for lots of £££

The Quillery wheel doesn't fit cars from about 1973 onwards. Worth a mention in case it's not for another restoration.

The early steering wheels including Quillery) are attached to the steering column by a flange with 3 bolts. The later ones (including GTL) fit on a splined shaft.

Quillery did an otherwise identical one with splines, same translucent colour and moulding. Later still did a black version.

That's right, splined steering column appeared in 1970 model year, and black early style steering wheel in 1974. But these are translucent maroon, "desirable" orange steering wheel was only available in 1967 model year.
In order to fit an orange steering wheel on my '75 Export, I built an adapter fairly easily by sacrificing a Renault steerng wheel - any one up to mid-90s will do - and welding a flange on its hub.
Ten years ago our main concern was not to find the orange steering wheel, but to find a way to fit it on a later car!

Back