Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Water hoses

bison

Enthusiast
Gentlemen,
Does anyone know if any of the GTL water hoses are common to the 845cc? Thought I might invest in some spares, but the only ones I can find on Ebay are for the GTL.
Cheers,
Alan.

hi alan.
just about to log off
pretty sure all hoses except maybe heater hose are different as gtl has rad at front

good news is i have found new top hose x2 for 845 yesterday
(unfortunately i have already posted your service history )

some strange coincedences going on at moment

paul

Thanks Paul, and you're right, spooky!!! I would be happy to purchase a top hose from you if you want to part with one?.
It will be great to have the docs, I like to keep a cars history.
Renee (my missus named him, quite good though), is running beautifully, gets better as the miles go up, I've done about 550 so far, I think around high 40's to the gallon, I'll fill up tonight so should be able to get a more accurate number, idle is still a bit irregular, seems to hunt slightly, but had a look at a plug and the centre is a lovely mid brown colour so it seems the main jet is spot on. Doesn't seem to be as good on fuel as my previous TL, but I think my driving/traffic conditions may have changed.
I run a Daimler Dart too, but I get more thumbs up and stares in Renee than I do in the Dart!!
Any idea's as to where I'll get a rocker box gasket?, or will I have to buy a complete top end set?, could always get the gasket goo out I suppose.

Alan.

I've seen rocker cover gaskets for the 850 on eBay. Top and bottom radiator hoses are very different 850 to 1100. Though again eBay seems full of the 850 parts.

For the running - Fuel has changed too. Modern fuel seems to want a little more advance on idle but less at high revs. Possibly that is the cause of the idle hunting. Mine does it too.

Hi Bison

I may have a rocker cover gasket for the 850 - there was a new gasket (in its packet) with Blanche when we got her, which is too small for the 956 engine. Do you have dimensions/renault part number?

At the moment a lot of our stuff is in storage so may be a week or so before I can check it out - but if it's the right part you are welcome to it - just the cost of postage from France to Scotland!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
Don't have Renee with me today, rode my motorcycle in to work, I'll have a look at the rocker cover gasket tonight and see if I can take some rough dimensions, I'm pretty sure it must be the one though if it's smaller than the 950 motor.
Alan.

Paul,
Got the sevice history and doodahs, just great, thanks very much.
What's this Loheac thing then?, Dave Gray and I are going to be in Normandy with the 4's that week.
Alan.

Chris,
That rocker cover gasket is around 9cm wide by 34cm long, external dimensions.
Cheers,
Alan.

Back