Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What yours called?

Arch Unit

Enthusiast
I've noticed that a number of people on this forum have names for they're renault 4s, I have just decided to call mine Patches due to the large number of welded in repairs there are to the body. But what do you guys call your cars?

my kids named mine Rose.... its Red and they love billy piper off DR Who...
who dont

Claude - because of his registration number - but as he will soon be taking on french nationality he will that lose that number - but not his name!

• claude.jpg
    claude.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 106
R4 ,1647cc, 5 speed, 100bhp +fresh air = Yellow Peril :eek:

(maybe renamed Fourgon Conclusion If i ever finish it properly! :) only had it since 1985)

• mini-IMAG0054.jpg
    mini-IMAG0054.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 108
Well, cos the registration number started with NNJ, Ninja was the name for a few days, but my missus decided a more Gallic name was in order, Rene the Renault he is now, unless of course I skin my knuckles changing the oil filter, then he has another name entirely!!!!
Alan.

Mine is called Ermintrude :D Previous 4s were Florence, Margot, and Roaslie. And Yvette, but she came with the name. I'm running short of female characters from the Magic Roundabout. Don't know whether to go onto the male names, use more French versions of the female names, or to start recycling names and have a Florence mkII.

When I lived in Switzerland, it got christened Alpi one day when I was out in the Alps with it. Heaven knows why, cos it is a right slug on hills.

Our Reno is called Reuben. When I was pregnant last year we thought that if it was a boy, then Reuben was a nice name. Anyway I had a little girl and the pain was so horrific I don't think I will be having anymore, so we have called the car Reuben instead. It really suits it.

• img_3971 (2).jpg
    img_3971 (2).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 85
I know she is not a 4, but is a 4cv (is that near enough?). My wife called her buttercup, partly because the french used to call these cars 'le motte de burre' (is that the right spelling) - lump of butter - and also because of the delicate shade and unique dulux paint work job. I think I like prefer yellow to grey so I will be looking for suitable yellow for her to be finished in

• IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 80
Ahh - what a sweetie. Plenty of paint stripping to come then. I have a cunning technique for that if it's any help.

4CVs are more than close enough - would love to see photos of the old girl as she progresses. Nice workshop. :D

Nice to know she is appreciated :)

So what is this brill paintstripping method then? - I thought I would end up getting the young lad top DA it.

I use those wheels too, but you can buy them in even larger diameters from your local welding supplies shop and use them in normal 750W drills, they sure do strip paint off very quickly indeed.

Ah I've just realised if I click on that link I can see what the 'cunning technique' is.
I have used those wheels for a while now when I neeb to strip off underbody treatments before welding up holes etc for MOT's, they are brilliant for that, but I hadn't thought of using them for paint stripping.
Yes it will be quicker than the DA sander.

Rendlik

Hi, mine is named "rendlik". It sounds similar like renault, but it means in Czech "a pan". :) Greetings from Prague Pavel

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 34
Back