Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Wheels..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..I have a set of very good rust free R4 wheels (1984 era) that I would like to sell - They will need new tyres - £60 the 4 ?

They will need to be collected from London SE21

• CIMG3082 1.jpg
    CIMG3082 1.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 219
..Sold..

..Thanks Richard..

I am in France at the moment and will be back in London the last week of June, so you can arrange to collect them then. I will call you nearer the time

Ian

• CIMG3080 1.jpg
    CIMG3080 1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 165
Wheels gone?

Ian,
I take it that the wheels have gone to Richard ... as I guess sold is sold!!
If not, I would love them and it would be a reason to come and collect some tomatoes too!
Regards,
Ian

..Morning Ian from Sunny France..

..Richard didn't in fact take the wheels in the end but I have now decided that when Dulcie Bella's Gordini wheels need new tyres I am going to put the original wheels back on her and flog the Gordini ones as I feel a bit of an imposter driving a normal GTL around with flash wheels!!

You were also very nice about my toms but sadly they are not in London SE21 but sunny France 85320!!

And here is one Four on the Ile d'Yeu yesterday..........beside the old lifeboat and with very non flash wheels!!

• CIMG4016 e.jpg
    CIMG4016 e.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 125
Ah well!

Good Morning Ian, From a dark (4am) and warm Sussex ...... I rather thought that the toms might have been 'French', unless you had sequestrated part of Dulwich Common for a private vegetable patch.! May be a trip to The Vendee next year to pick some up!
As to the wheels, c'est la vie .. better to keep than regret I say, so I quite understand ..... it just means I shall have to use my brain a little to solve the problem, as my tyres are near their end and I would hate to put new ones on 3 of 4 pretty awful wheels ..... I have 3 more hanging around (wheels) in slightly better condition but ..........
The R4 in the photo looks worse than our green one that was dismantled 18 months ago, I think I would have more trust in the lifeboat, though the rear bumper looks to be in good nick!

..And good good morning to you as well Ian..

..And I have come up with a way of solving your problem - Why don't you 'borrow' my Gordini wheels and studs for a 'borrowers' fee of say £50 - The tyres will see you running around for a year or two. By the time you need to replace the Gordini tyres, you may well have found some good normal wheels and you can return my Gordini wheels and studs or and this is a big or..if you think the Gordini wheels are pretty cool, you could buy mine for £100?

Only an idea but the £50 will help me buy new tyres for my good but normal style wheels?

As Malcolm once told me...An idea a day keeps the Doctor away..

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 108
The Ashes ......

Ian, apologies for lack of response, but I have been busy helping England win back the Ashes and am now somewhat exhausted!
Thank you for your kind offer ..... let me have a burrow in the garage and a think, before any definite reply.
Are there any photographs of DB decked-out in the Gordini wheels, as from what little memory I have of them, some are great others not quite so attractive?
I was so embarrassed driving around with the wheels as they are, not that the rest of the car is exactly a picture, but I love her! The worst offending wheel I gave a quick "wire-brush" and a slap of wheel paint, with a hair shedding paint brush (interesting use of the hyphen or lack thereof!), now infinitely better and more in keeping with the rest of the car ...... a little shabby but delightful! All this was accomplished between overs! Thanks again Ian.

..This should give you an idea Ian..

..Dulcie Bella with some other stars......................!!

• DB rj c.jpg
    DB rj c.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 75
Mmmmmm ... good-lookers!

... and the tyres aren't bad either! But Dulcie Bella is the fairest of the four. Despite myself I do rather like the Gordini wheels, though I take your point about feeling a bit of an imposter! That being said I would be pleased to take you up on your offer. I am in no great rush, as the current tyres still have a few miles left in them and presume you are in 'La Belle France' for a while yet. Also traveling away from home, at present, can be a problem. Obviously we will keep in touch and sort out the logistics. Thanks again, Ian

Back