Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wierd eletrical viering - fuel indicator

godlike

Enthusiast
Yesterday my fuel indicator has fallen down, I looked into the trunk some other cars have there access and found nothing.

Hehe the tank is under, silly me. I didn't know what to do and just took a look under the lid. Just to cool the frustration. I looked at the engine and shaken this to connectors & the indicator started to work again.

But can anybody tell me what does this to cables/conectors do?
The green cable in the red circle goes into the engine under the green cirle.

Is there for R4 any service manual or a circuit print?

• DSC01483-edited.jpg
    DSC01483-edited.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01484-edited.jpg
    DSC01484-edited.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 177
OK - the red circle in the left hand photo. This is the temperature sensor. Not sure about the others but if it's working them leave it alone!!! There is a wiring diagram in the Haynes manuals - you can buy them direct from Haynes UK.

1st picture - Engine Temperature Sender
2nd picture - Oil Pressure Sender

The Fuel sender is not routet through the engine compartement. It is a orange (more brownish) cable that is routed inside the car from the back to under the dash. Maybe you should check the 2 big connectors right besides/behind the fuse box.

thanks for the manual link Godlike - what an asset! Why are there two manuals - is one more recent?
Great download. :)

Both these manuals are for the older R4's. They don't cover the later spec GTL but there are, of course, similarities with all R4's. Just be careful when using this downloaded manual for later version R4's.

This is why I suggested the Haynes manual as the later version had a GTL supplement.

In the first photo the temperature sender light is resting on the exhaust manifold. That will burn the insulation on the wire and the light will come on. Tie it to the water hose.

In the first photo the temperature sender light is resting on the exhaust manifold. That will burn the insulation on the wire and the light will come on. Tie it to the water hose.

Thanks for the help, I'll tie it tomorrow.

Both these manuals are for the older R4's. They don't cover the later spec GTL but there are, of course, similarities with all R4's. Just be careful when using this downloaded manual for later version R4's.

This is why I suggested the Haynes manual as the later version had a GTL supplement.

Can you direct me to the Haynes manual with a link, because I'm not sure.
I have an 1992 GTL.

Back