Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Window frames etc

bigoldboy

Enthusiast
Hi again . My 1972 4 s has poor door window runners and or frames what can I do . I have access to a 1982 GTL for spare that appears to have decent frames and runners could they be swopped . Can just the runners be bought so I can keep my chrome frames or is it better to change the whole things .
Finally I can't see how the frames/runners come out , can anyone help please .
Regards .

Hi bigoldboy, you mentioned having A GTL for spares. I am looking for a gearstick (cabin end) and wing mirrors from a rhd GTL in good condition. Are these still on the car and would you sell them? Cheeky question but I had to ask.

Cheers Simon

Hi bigoldboy, you mentioned having A GTL for spares. I am looking for a gearstick (cabin end) and wing mirrors from a rhd GTL in good condition. Are these still on the car and would you sell them? Cheeky question but I had to ask.

Cheers Simon
Hi Simon . The car is a left hand drive and just has the one mirror and as yet the car is quite complete so I will keep you in mind if I strip it completely but I think the postage cost could be a little prohibitive so lets wait and see . The gear change /umbrella is a knob with all the markings so that is going on my R4 . sorry I can't help right away but I will post if parts become available .
Regards

im in the process of swapping sliding window rubbers on an F6, bought some from Franzose that were wrong, so trying these, not sure if it helps you though
https://vehicules-anciens.fr/en/sho...dow-with-plastic-frame-4-doors-va66011-pk1404
Hi Pete .
The two cars I want to swop frames over are still sitting here whilst I keep staring at the frames wondering how to even get them out without causing more damage . Is it easy to get the rubbers/sliders out or is there somewhere on You Tube showing how to do it .
Regards

@ simon

new mirrors for mine came from Franzose, not to expensive, mine were rotten

Many of the replacements available for the earlier metal mirrors are bad quality and don't last long. The original units were much better quality and can be easily refurbished with new convex glasses and surrounds, (available on my website).

Back