Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Window washer pipe

iancr900

Enthusiast
How do I get to the window washer pipe in the bodywork under the window?I've tried to take off the the plastic vent on the front but with all the screws out it still refuses to move to the point that I know it will break if I apply more pressure to it.

The nozzle pulls out of the bodywork with the pipe attached. It's only pressed into a rubber grommet. Easiest way to mess around with it is to find where the pipe goes into the bulkhead and feed in a bit of slack so you don't risk loosing the end of the pipe if you remove the jet.

I don't remove the plastic air vent grille. I remember there is a technique but can't remember what it is. It's mentioned on the forum.

Thanks Malcolm,the pipe must have been caught on something because it was stuck.I had to pull so hard that the pipe broke under the bodywork.I just hope I can feed a new pipe through.

Oops. It is possible to thread a new pipe in. I think last time I did it I threaded a wire through then taped the pipe to it. Bit of a convoluted route unfortunately.

Ouch! Better do an engine overhaul than replace the windscreen washer pipe on the R4! You must remove the whole heater to guide the tube in...a lot of work for that silly piece of tube...

The air vent...screws out then it slides either to left or right thus lining up the lugs and then lifts out. Took me ages to work that out so I felt I had to reply !
Mine wouldn't,but by bending it back as far as i dare I was able position the pipe.

Back