Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Zenith 32 IF Carburettor Query

Ray K

Enthusiast
Hi

I have a 1985 R4 Fourgon that has not run for a few weeks:(

The problem has mainly been dirt in the fuel. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and cleaned all the lines out but the one thing remaining which i cannot find is the fine mesh filter for the inlet to the carburettor (Zenith 32IF).This is blocked full of rubbish and is impossible to clean.
I am reluctant to run the car without this filter but am unable to find a replacement anywhere. It is a very fine wire mesh which is approx 6mm diameter and 30mm long, to fit inside the inlet connector (which the fuel hose from the fuel pump connects to)
All the carb kits i have found only have gaskets in them and not this filter.
Can anyone advise where i might get one as i am desperate to drive the van again before the snow comes:confused:

Thanks in advance

Ray, I've moved your posting as your car is a R4 derivative!! Have you tried your Renault dealer for the part?? Have you tried soaking the filter in some vinegar or something that may dissolve the rust particles in the filter?? In any event you can rely on the in-line filter to remove most of the rubbish so use the car and worry about the fine mesh filter later.

Back