Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1961/2 Fourgonnette RHD

It's certainly 'down under'! Welcome to the forum, by the way. Sorry I can't help with the date, but I'm sure someone can :)

Down Under

Thanks.

You should have seen the damage I did to the roof sliding it out like that!
Lucky they are light and strong!

My guess is 1963?

Any help?

What about parts? Many exist to source parts?

Hello, I will have to check my records but I would guess at the moment 1963. Is the front bumper a tube like the back one or folded steel. It's also the base model as it has no giraffe but it look very nice. Please can you post a whole load more photos

1963 R2104s had oval plate numbers 1 to 7164, so your guesses are correct. May had been built in the end of 1962, though, as model year starts from July of previous year.

2 posts in a row!

Sorry for this but I also have an old R4 that has the R1123 on the oval plate but the number underneath is S292S, the Ss are definitely not 5s.

I think t is a 1966 model but the Ss throw me???

Not as rare as a 62 but uncommon. Most suffered a hard Life being a van it was used heavier and tended to get knocked around more

Upside Down!

For some reason this is happening - bloody iPad

Another!

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 66
Ta Pepper

That joke already used earlier!

Anybody ave any luck with my strange number on my R4 please?

To look at I would think it was mine. It's as bashed around as mine but looks less rusty

Ha Mike!

I think our rust is pretty even!
The photos make it look better!
How many of these are around Mike?

Simon on AussieFrogs (SA) is very knowledgable on Australian delivery/manufacture details, put a post up on Renault Forum, it could well be a Heidelberg car (think they made them there?).

Are you going to restore the beasty? there are plenty of parts around but sourcing some bits is a pain, I can steer you towards some options as you go, it can be slow going though!

I originally wanted a van but they are few and far between. Worth doing properly, they're pretty cool. Is that a left hand drive btw?

steven

What looks like "S" is "8" on Renault's ID plates.
This makes it an early 1964 model year.

Trying to resist, but failing...I am working all hours at the NEC for the next 3/4 days, would it be possible to come over and see it on Sat ?
Thanks
Stuart.

Back