Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1962 Renault 4 in Bristol (eBay)

I was going to post that yesterday too, it looks like a good project,

Instead I was busy uploading my photos to snapfish to take advantage of their 1p a print deal.

..Boo bloody Hoo Malcolm

..I have just written a long funny reply to this but suddenly Clementine shut down on me!!

So I am so fed up that I will only repeat the first line...

Malcolm, you have just bought Ornella so get your bloody hands off the Bid Now button on Ebay!!

• CIMG3020 c.jpg
    CIMG3020 c.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 600
..Hey Chaps and Chapesses, I have an idea

What about having a sweepstake on how much the Bristol car goes for - £1 a guess and the winner gets the lot (the winner being the closest to the winning bid)

Here is my guess - £680

And here in my rationale - Ornella cost Malcolm £8680 and that was a snip - This car will need £8000 spending on it at Dereks' Renospeed, so £680 it what I think it will go for!!

• CIMG3015 a.jpg
    CIMG3015 a.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 585
Are you clicking the remember me button when you log on? Clementine never shuts down, but she does forget people after an hour if they don't click that button that makes her remember.

I've decided I have far too many 3 speed 6 volt cars that don't work, so I'm not in the running for this one.

..I have just written a long funny reply to this but suddenly Clementine shut down on me!!

So I am so fed up that I will only repeat the first line...
And here's me thinking that this was some advanced sort of computering especially designed to restrict Ian to one line!!

I reckon the car will go for £520. Malcolm, doesn't it make you glad you got Ornella instead.

The speedometer decals look scary in a scooby-dooish sort of way :rolleyes:

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Those early speedos all do that. I think the numbers must run when they get hot. I have a few of the things and the numbers have all gone scoobydoo.

For the sweepstake my guess is a bargain £217. I'm not bidding and I'm not aware of anyone else in the UK that's as daft as me.

Umm, tough one. I guess £315. It looks like it needs a lot of work.

There are some missing, and the incorrect bumpers. It is a 1961-62 model as it has no ashtray on the dashboard, but there have been some cleaner 62s for sale in the past, this needs a lot of work.
I guess no more than 250 pounds.

£251 - Wrecks to riches ;) - a heroic project for some brave and courageous soul - if they can get the bits????????

I guess £423.82

Fifteen hours to go, is anyone from here actually bidding on the poor thing?

It does look like its going to be a big job to get back on the road again, let alone becoming a tidy example.

I've decided at my time of life that its way way easier to just go out and buy a decent example in the first place, rather than trying to make the proverbial silk purse out of a sows ear.

..As Abba sang - You win again, Bluebell

..Well well well done Bluebell, but what I know and that no one else knows, is that you are the Ebay winner and congratulation - The lengths you go to win £10!!

Bluebell bet it would sell for £520, so I would say come and value my house next week and how much is my Dulcie Bella worth?

It sold for £512 - amazing - makes Ornella worth a million dollars Malcolm!!

So team, send your £1 attached to the middle of a home produced CD to Bluebell, c/o France..

• CIMG3021.JPG
    CIMG3021.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for your congratulations, Ian. Little does Malcolm know but I've been posing as a Hungarian and when Malcolm is in a good mood I'm planning to leave the car with him to do up. But don't tell him!

I wonder how much would it cost to recover the car to Hungary. Not a little I'd guess, but I'm sure the buyer can send a huge cheque so the seller can fund the shipping agent.

Anyone for a sweepstake for next time the car is on eBay? I'll raise my guess to £218.

Back