Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1962 Renault 4 in Bristol (eBay)

Oh ye of little faith! This chap might be an avid R4 car restorer, you never know. He's got good feedback ratings, "Alles gut", but you would think he could find a wreck nearer home. So keep an eye out for it. I bet £320 next time.

I got outbid on a set of Gordini alloys on ebay (they went to silly money) that was from a chap in Hungary IIRC. As far as I know they were paid for and picked up though.

Luckily for me I was pointed to another set on ebay which no one had placed a bid on and managed to pick up the complete set very cheaply indeed.

Malc! I've got an approx -66 3speed 750 6V.lurking out back why don't you nip over here and collect it??
Mech.sound and complete-body ok complete with rusted out fenders etc..
NoS/Unused nice midbrown Pro-made nice with effect-seams! naugahyde interior
Only thing I want to keep is that tortoise-shell st.wheel
-6pack of Nwcstle brown is all I ask!
(wife will probably give you a Kiss soon as it is loaded on to a trailer too! -R.

..And of course a picture of you Reida..

..As we think that all Norwegians look like Ronald Amundsen!!

Now RA was 6 feet tall, had 3 friends and 48 dogs to help him to the South Pole

My great uncle Robert Falcon Scott (we called him Birdie) was 3'6" tall, had no friends and had 18 million penguins to help him find his way to the South Pole.

What you dont know is that when he got lost in the driving snow and antarctic storm, he came across an old penguin sitting on an iceflow.

'Hey Emperor Penguin, can you please tell me the way to the south pole please' he shouted. The Penguin looked up and said 'How do you know I am an Emperor penguin then?'

'Well in the antarctic there are 17 varieties of penguin, and so you are either an Emperor penguin or a Chinstrap penguin. You look far too Emperor like to be a Colonel Chinstrap so I guessed you are an Emperor' said Scott

'Well you are correct'
replied the Emperor penguin, 'I am an Emperor Penguin but as you were clever enough to guess I was one, you can guess your way to the South Pole as well' And he jumped off the ice flow and disappeared..

And the rest is history - Birdie guessed the wrong way to the South Pole and so Ronnie A got there first!!

• cimg0963 1.jpg
    cimg0963 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 101
..And in case you cant open the Telegraph Article...

Ben Fogle and James Cracknell beaten to South Pole by Norwegian team
British adventurers Ben Fogle and James Cracknell were beaten to the South Pole by a Norwegian team only days after the 97th anniversary of Roald Amunsden's Antarctic triumph over Captain Robert Scott.

It was a case of history repeating itself when the Norwegian Team Missing Link arrived at the Geographic South Pole at 7pm on Wednesday. The team had completed the 481-mile Amundsen Omega 3 South Pole Race in 17 days and 11 hours.

Rune Malterud and Stian Aker linked arms high in the air as they walked to the Pole and proudly planted the Norwegian flag just as their ancestor Amunsden had done on January 17, 1912, with Captain Scott behind him.

As they passed the line, Fogle, a Sunday Telegraph columnist, Cracknell, the double Olympic rowing gold medallist and Daily Telegraph columnist, and Ed Coats, a junior doctor who won a contest to complete in Team QinetiQ, were 31.8 miles behind. The teams encountered conditions as cold as -58F (-50C) as they climbed higher on to the 9,000ft polar plateau.

Team QinetiQ's website said: "Ben, Ed and James are as always in high spirits and are all very excited about reaching the Pole and looking forward to a well-earned rest."

Dr Coats, speaking on the team's audio blog, said: "This is a very exciting day. We hope if the weather stays good to arrive some time within the next 24 hours. We have been through mental and physical punishment."

The race was the first to the South Pole since Captain Scott was beaten by the Norwegian Amundsen on January 17, 1912.

The British team, who set off on January 4 after a blizzard delayed the start as visibility fell to six feet, have been sleeping in a tent on the ice and eating high calorie food including nuts, sweets, salami, cheese and chocolate to maintain their weight and energy levels for hours of gruelling skiing.

In third place is Team Danske Bank made up of Gary Bullen from Cornwall, Gary Marshall from Cheshire and Christian Hillkirk from Norway. The other competitors include Mark Pollock, 33, from Northern Ireland, who hopes to become the first blind man to walk to the South Pole.

The other teams are Team Due South (Rachel Andrews from Plymouth, Phil Hayday-Brown from Gloucestershire and Hylton James from South Africa), Team Southpoleflag.com (Mark Pollock and Simon O'Donnell from Ireland) and Team Southern Lights (Tess Burrows from Surrey and Peter Hammond from Suffolk).

• xcv.jpg
    xcv.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 93
..Remember the Emperor penguin story team?

Well looks as though 'Birdie' Scott will get his revenge for not getting any help finding the South Pole..

Jan 09 Report:

Slimming odds for Emperor penguin
Less ice could spell bad news for a great many species

Emperor penguins, whose long treks across Antarctic ice to mate have been immortalised by Hollywood, are heading towards extinction, scientists say.

Based on predictions of sea ice extent from climate change models, the penguins are likely to see their numbers plummet by 95% by 2100.

That corresponds to a decline to just 600 breeding pairs in the world.

The research is published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Emperor penguins, the largest species, are unique in that they are the only penguins that breed during the harsh Antarctic winters.

Colonies gather far inland after long treks across sea ice, where the females lay just one egg that is tended by the male. That means that the ice plays a major role in their overall breeding success.

What is more, the extent of sea ice cover influences the abundance of krill and the fish species that eat them - both food sources for the penguins.

Hal Caswell of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute and his colleagues used projections of sea ice coverage from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) last report.

In addition, they used a "population dynamics" model describing the mating patterns and breeding success of emperor penguins.

• CIMG1185 p.jpg
    CIMG1185 p.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 72
ian! as Any Norwegain could tell you,You don't ask a ruddy Penguin for direction-they are birdbrains and notorious for fibbin'
-Polarbears on the other hand would know.
thought I wouldn't mention it and get you all down and out by this last new Polar-challenge-but there you have it.NO use challenging a Norwegian team when it comes to a sweat-sport on skis anyway-
When I ask will you Ever learn..... -R.

..Well well well done Bluebell, but what I know and that no one else knows, is that you are the Ebay winner and congratulation - The lengths you go to win £10!!

Bluebell bet it would sell for £520, so I would say come and value my house next week and how much is my Dulcie Bella worth?

It sold for £512 - amazing - makes Ornella worth a million dollars Malcolm!!

So team, send your £1 attached to the middle of a home produced CD to Bluebell, c/o France..
What a nice surprise to find in my postbox today! I found a lovely CD with an artistic label and a lovely euro. Thank you so much Ian. You are such a sweetie.

Apropos the buyers origins - we sold an 850 R4 back in the summer on UK Ebay, the top bidder came from Latvia - 0 feedback - 10 days later he turned up with charming wife - found our house which is a bit rural, without having to ring up - and drove the car all the way back to Latvia, all 3000 km of it - but he did not have the channel in the way!

..Well Reida, time to put up or shut uppost up photos

..Of you, Mrs R your house, Roffen, your ski slope and 10 more of you and Roffen out having fun in the woods....and if you do I will buy and send you some really bright bulbs for Roffen

And all things considered, it was rather nice of my old man to help you to be free!!

And another thing team, all of you enthusiastic guessers of the Bristol cars price need to strap a euro to a cd and send it asap to Bluebell NOW!!

..Well Reida, time to put up or shut up

..and when I say put up I mean post up long overdue photos of you, Mrs R, your house, your norwegian Gayhund, Roffen, your local ski slope and jump and 10 more photos of you and Roffen out having fun in the woods....and if you do, I will buy and send you some really bright bulbs for Roffen - You tell me what you want?

And....when it come to some of your country folk winning races to the South Pole, all things considered, it was rather nice of my old man to free you from your shackles and enable you all to go on holiday to the South Pole!!

And another thing team, all of you enthusiastic guessers in the Bristol cars' price sweepstake need to strap a euro to the centre of a cd and send it to Bluebell NOW!!

As you can see, I already have....

• CIMG2496.jpg
    CIMG2496.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 82
Back