Réparateur d'automobiles

1987 GTL 53000 miles

Apprentice

pre-moderated
SN858152.JPG £3950

Last edited:
What a beauty!

Hope it will stay in "the family"

Hi can you please give me more info ,I am interested.. Thank you..
Mark

Can I ask how much you are looking to sell it for please.
Had sent PM to you

Hello,

Aunty Beryl asked me to advertise the car at £3950 o.v.n.o. I believed that to be near the top of the price range even in the condition the car exhibits. I am not a motor-mechanic, nor am I a motor-trader. However, the car turns heads in all age groups. I’ve noted the asking prices on a variety of sites. I even went to see a very nice looking R4gtl that had been advertised not too far away. It turned-out that the picture [single one] was over 2 years old. There was some poorly camouflaged deterioration and evidence of a fight. I pretended to be interested and enquired as to a price reduction towards preparation and re-spray. The answer was no, because of sentimental value and brakes re-lined all round. Fairly high mileage but they were sticking on two grand!

I can take more photographs. Simply tell me what areas.

thanks
Ok thanks for response.:)

Excuse my confusion but in this thread - http://renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/new-member-from-south-wales-central-portugal.7357/ - theres a picture of the car wearing Portuguese plates and apparently you've just bought it? Not having a go, just curious.

I'm assuming its not in the UK and DVLA seems to have no record of the plates on it?

For what its worth, if it is UK registered and MOT'd and all that then whilst the price is on the high side its not unrealistic. The market for R4s isn't massive but that looks like a good one.

Hello,

Aunty Beryl asked me to advertise the car at £3950 o.v.n.o. I believed that to be near the top of the price range even in the condition the car exhibits. I am not a motor-mechanic, nor am I a motor-trader. However, the car turns heads in all age groups. I’ve noted the asking prices on a variety of sites. I even went to see a very nice looking R4gtl that had been advertised not too far away. It turned-out that the picture [single one] was over 2 years old. There was some poorly camouflaged deterioration and evidence of a fight. I pretended to be interested and enquired as to a price reduction towards preparation and re-spray. The answer was no, because of sentimental value and brakes re-lined all round. Fairly high mileage but they were sticking on two grand!

I can take more photographs. Simply tell me what areas.

thanks
Thank you for getting back to me, that is out of our price bracket, good luck...

I think many of us will look forward to the complete picture with interest.:)

Thank you for getting back to me, that is out of our price bracket, good luck...
Hiya Mark,
this one's a bit of a girlie car really. It needs to find its way to a university student who's parents have loads of dosh,
regards, dave

I am a little clearer now.:)

Pictures of engine bay and interior would be of interest if possible please.

I'm tentatively looking for my first R4 - are there any pictures to show the scope of work undertaken during restoration ?
Thanks

not at the moment. we've been on the road a couple of days. ferry 14:15 today. home tomorrow night God Willing.
Scheduled return Portugal mid-Sept. I will look to see if there are pics on aunty Beryl's laptop

Hi Apprentice,
I am interested in your White 4 GTL and would like more details and photographs please, or if they are already posted, where?
I am moving to Portugal, in mid September, and it is my intention to purchase a 4 GTL, for use as an every day run-a-round. Is yours still pucker for Portugal? In other words, could i take it to Portugal, run it legally on the road, until the next IPO is due, when is the next IPO due? Is there any IUC remaining and would there be any complication with Financas and I.M.T.T.?
Thanks,
Regards,
John.

Hi, thanks for that.
Found the photographs.
Was not aware of the classic status/no iuc, saves a few bob!
Will be e-mailing you later, i have a busy Monday.

Hi John,
I believe the distinction is white characters on black plates, but it doesn't appear to be obligatory. A friend at Silves drives an ancient Merc 200D on conventional modern reflectives. But similar to the UK, I guess it doesn't work the other way.

Internet and phone connections on a roller coaster since lunchtime. You can read about our problems at SA16 Burry Port/Pembrey on Google. Will look out for your email when they fix it .... AGAIN !!!

Best regards

Back