Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L International 2013

I'm making plans already. I see the Renault Festival meeting at Montlhery is two weeks later, tricky choice, which one to go to. Also 6th and 7th of October this year is a meeting at Loheac to celebrate 50 years of the Alpine A110 and 40 years of the R5, any excuse to take Marigold to France. Great museum there, well worth a visit.

You're not the only one Brian! I'm planning on doing Thenay, I'd like to go to Festival Renault as well but can't really justify both and tbh Thenay is the better of the two as far as I'm concerned inspite of the fact that datewise Festival Renault would be better as I'm supposed to do a VW show on the weekend of Thenay.

I went to the Loheac event about three years ago and it's great, I'd strongly recomend going. I'm tempted with that but we'll have to wait and see!

Hi David, yes I think it's Thenay that wins, for now anyway, it's a bit like Mecca isn't it. As far as the meeting at Loheac is concerned, well it clashes with my birthday so I'm going to be a bit selfish and treat myself to a long weekend in France I think.

We are hoping to go as well- not sure which car, probably White One.

The dates much better for me than last years so great stuff ... See you all there...Might take the Yellow van as its just back on the road after a 6 year rest and running well...

I'd better get my 4 finished and bags packed, if I start driving now I might just get there by July, (joking) are you going Malcolm? Mr Dinky?
Thinking of going to south France and would really love to get into the Citroen Conservatoire if I can wrangle it! Possibly impossible,
Steven

4L International Fliers from Chloe et Raphael:

voeur.jpg

flyer.jpg

www.4linternational.com

I am a Thenay virgin, so I was wondering before I set off do I need to register or get some sort of badge or summink?

I dont know who's more excited me or Chrisitne?

I seem to remember you can buy your ticket in advance, book camping etc. If we tell them we're all part of the same club then they'll put our camping spaces together.
Last time somebody on the forum made some most excellent rally plaques as well.

There is a 4L International website which isn't actually open just yet but keep an eye on it, because when it does open you will be able to register and book your tickets there. At the moment all it's doing is the countdown to the event.

I know its early days yet but how about trying to organise a convoy to Thenay?
I am in the East Midlands, so maybe some of the further North fans could meet up here and then on to the Bedford/Kent boys?
And then Dover and beyond.
Any thoughts...
Stuart

Bother.

Don't think I'm going this year :(

TBH I'm mightily annoyed about it but head ruled over heart and decided that as it clashes with a VW show where I can earn quite a decent amount of money I should do that instead*

My compromise is that I WILL be going next year (or 2015 if they don't run it next year) and hopefully will get to Loheac in October if a semi sensible Brittany Ferries crossing price can be had.

*Unless it rains. It rained at said VW show in 2012 and was a dead loss so if the weather forecast suggests a wet weekend I shall have a last minute trek to Thenay.

Well i'm hoping to go this year but maybe on my own as my eldest son's getting married a week before ( so i bet he's not going ) but not sure i'll get to anything else before then as i'm busy getting R4's ready for their wedding, might get to the Kent run this year with a bit of luck.

So?
Last minute partecipants?
I think I am going, and some friends from Italy too!
I hope to meet as many of you as possible!

I see from their Facebook page that the organisers of the event have had trouble with their website, and the booking facility has not been working as it should, some problem with Paypal. They are suggesting that people wishing to attend, use the coupon in the 4L Magazine.

Back