Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

emergency Front towing-hook/point...

I've got two already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got two already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was about to order , and found on the offside front and offside rear!!

Class act eh Lord Admiral Stanley? Meant to say you walked past me at The Abbey (I was chatting with Elton and Pippa about the merits of 2CV/Beetle/and R4s) . Lady Camberage may already be on the forum, but I know Malcom can't spill the beans!

Thanks Angel - a star as ever! How's your supplier on chassis....!

• Front Towing Hook.jpg
    Front Towing Hook.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Rear Towing Hook.jpg
    Rear Towing Hook.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Often Passed, Never Surpassed r4_edited-1.jpg
    Often Passed, Never Surpassed r4_edited-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 80
I don't think something like this happens to other car owners...I mean that the car has towing hooks but you don't know it because you never had to use them!

I got the first ones just some hours ago (photos tomorrow), so they are ready to be sent...Judging from Firstandbest's photo, "my" version is some 15mm larger (that is, the towing eye is lower). I thought it would be better, as the towing wire/rope would foul the crossmember outer part if I made them shorter.

The "pre-production" item, fitted on a 1972 4 Export

• 100_5322.jpg
    100_5322.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_5326.jpg
    100_5326.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_5327.jpg
    100_5327.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_5330.jpg
    100_5330.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_5331.jpg
    100_5331.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 78
The first batch of towing hooks is ready, anyone interested please send me a PM.

they look the business Angel! -If you prefer to be rid of mine just send as letter and let me know what I owe you ok?
Malpassi filter plus separate fuel-pressure gauge And manual emergency-pump now in place on the Roffmobile All thanx to "our man"in Athens who kindly supplied me with the needed T-piece.
Fuelpressure spot-on as per the book at 0,7kg//0,27Bar
so all good at the West-front -R.

Angel,

I would like to buy a pair now (and pay now) please. Pepper has kindly offered to pick up my pair when he sees you at Thenay. This will save postage and I don't need them urgently. Could you PM me with payment details?

Many thanks, Jonathan

Back