Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Festival Renault - Montlhery 22-23 Sept 2012

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Renault Classic are hosting a new event at the Montlhery circuit (the French equivalent to Brooklands) near Paris on 22-23 September 2012. Renault want to embrace their heritage and everyone is invited to display their cars and join in. I don't have a web link for the event yet.

Their plan is to host the event annually a different country every year, and they see the event as the Woodstock for classic Renaults.

I've lost my bit of paper so Gary might need to fill in some details but it's aimed at all classic Renaults - trucks and tractors as well as Renault 4s. Veterans, vintage, classic, and modern classic.

Ought to be a huge event and a members from a bunch of UK based Renault clubs are planning to go down.

I'm tempted to pop down, likely in the R5 as it's the 40th anniversary for them. Anyone else interested?

http://www.festivalrenault.com/index.php

Last edited:
Sounds like heaven....will give Goodwood a miss next year and do this instead...The only question is what to take...

I'm planning to take our camper to France this year, we may take the four on the back so we can get around during our stay.

some more information from Renault classic.

22/23 September 2011 ► Renault Festival, at the heart of the brand
A day for all Renault cars, open to all Renault enthusiasts.
The Renault Festival will be an opportunity for all Renault enthusiasts, whatever their passion (modern cars, vintage cars,
LCVs, sports cars, tractors, racing fans, etc.), to meet in a mythical place to share in the universe of the Brand: its history,
its specialities, its products, etc.
Festive, friendly and generous, this interactive meeting will be jointly held and coordinated by Renault and the Clubs to
make it a major and exceptional event.
Programme:
Renault Village
Clubs Village
Exhibition of the Renault range (NV, LCVs, Z.E.)
Exhibition of vehicles from the Renault Collection
Vehicles' anniversaries exhibitions/events
Events by the Clubs
Art Exhibition
Vehicle area
Presence of drivers and famous people
Demonstration on the road
Driving on a speed circuit
Vehicle testing
Competition to win a Twizy...
Schedule: Information letter from Steve Norman to the clubs  early January
Renault Festival page is placed online  20 January
Registrations open  1st February
Registrations: - They will only take place online via the Renault Festival
page.
- Those pre-registering before 15 June will be offered a discount.
- A special price will be offered to enthusiasts who register via the Clubs present at the Festival.
The 6th edition of the Le Mans Classic will be held on the 6th, 7th and 8th July 2012. Renault
Classic will once again be present at this meeting of enthusiasts, by taking part in the race with, for
the first time, three cars – the A442 B, the M65 and one A110 1300 – and by putting in place a Club
Renault space which will this year be dedicated to the anniversary of the Alpine Renault A110. We
therefore invite all A110 owners to join us and take part in this exceptional event by registering
before 25 February 2012 and we ask all enthusiasts to join us from Friday 6 July from 2pm.
Registrations may be extended to other Renault and Alpine racing cars from 25 February according
to the filling rate of our area.
The Renault Classic team hopes to share with you in this weekend of automotive passion.
►For more info:
Registration file on request contact.club@renault.com
►IMPORTANT:
Could the clubs who wish to be present at the event please make themselves known quickly in order to:
· Discuss their involvement
· Obtain the code they may give their members to claim their special price

This looks like it'll be pretty good. I know its early days but I notice from the above there is a clubs area - are RCCC planning on having a stand there Gary? Might just convince me to take an R4 if they are rather than the Kangoo of doom...

What do you think about the prices? :rolleyes: For an event organized by Renault and offering hardly anything, this is pretty expensive.

What do you think about the prices? :rolleyes: For an event organized by Renault and offering hardly anything, this is pretty expensive.

I noticed that. Its not particularly cheap is it. But then with a lot of old Renaults there its something I really want to go to and the extra €40 for a ticket on top of the cost of petrol and hotels isn't really THAT much extra I suppose... I reckon it'll be worth it!

Mmmm, there is a recession... thanks for highlighting Realnut, will give the Show a miss.

PS Thanks for your earlier guidance on thread etiquette Malcolm and will of course observe.

Well I'm new to my R4 and this site (excellent by the way) and it would give me good reason to have my car ready for something. So, I'll be there.

More information from Stephen and an chance to save a bit on entry.
Stephen Dell has posted this on the RCCC forum but I am aware some of you read this forum more often.Club members can use the club code for cheaper tickets for any further information contact Stephen on 02073946801

This is shaping up to be a very nice event.

Renault have committed half a million euros to spend on the infrastructure.

Laps of Monthlery
Goody Bags
Exclusive Model Car
Renault Classic Collection Cars on display
Themed areas
Electric Cars & New Models
Alain Post
Jean Ragnotti
The Four Muskateers 'Andruet, Thérier, Darniche and Nicolas'
Formula Renault Display
Renaultsport Show
Formula 1 Display
Loads of competitions & activities
Children's Playground
Win a Twizy
Concert
Food stalls
& Much more...

I'll post up more details as I have them

Target is 1000 Classic Cars minimum. 2000 preferred.

If only 1000 collectors make it that means Renault are effectively contributing 500 euros per display car so its only good manners to come along and support the event!

You need to pre-register here:

http://www.festivalrenault.com/

Then click on the Union Jack to get the english version.

Click on registrations.

Click on PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION

Fill in the details on the form. Once your car details have been entered a club registration code box will appear.

You can use the RAOC code 9RAOCL to save 20 euros on a weekend ticket. So that makes it only 40 euros for the weekend instead of 60. This is very very cheap for a proper manufacturers weekend festival.

Completing the registration reserves you a place.

You then need to pay!! This is normally via a bank tranfer to Renault Classic which will normally cost £10-£20 depending on your bank thus undoing any saving made to date! As a result we have now made arrangements to pay Renault Classic collectively and only have one fee. But you must let us know once you have pre-registered.

15 participants earns a free 3m x 3m (9 m ²) clubs display space
30 participants earns a free 5m x 5m (25 m²) clubs display space, with an optional vehicle exhibition
60 participants earns a free 10m x 5m (50 m²) clubs display space, with an obligatory vehicle exhibition

Renault Classic have confirmed that you can sell club regalia etc from the clubs display space.

They will also help to fund any interesting activities but these must be free of charge to the public and other collectors.

We currently have 20 participants from RAOC & RTOC combined. V6clio.net look likely to collaborate also and with RCCC support we will hopefully achieve at least a 5m x 5m space for the UK Clubs participants.

If you need any more info just ask.

Hi Gary, thank you for the info, it should be a very special weekend and I'm hoping to make it there in Marigold.

Hi David, yes I reckon this one will be a bit special. Wouldn't it be good if some of us 4L folk could get together as Thenay isn't on this year. A trip to Holland would have been nice Anja, but sorry this time France wins, although maybe do them both........:hug:

Hi Gang

Steve and I need something to look ahead to ... Count us in in my car!

Will book over the weekend.

Mark

Wouldn't it be good if some of us 4L folk could get together as Thenay isn't on this year

It would indeed. Maybe we need to think about a meeting point or maybe using the same hotel or a meet on the ferry on the way out or something?

Back