Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

flasher unit/relay

Intriguing.... Maybe the voltage became a little higher after driving a distance, or perhaps a (not to) tight earth connected properly?

The flasher started working after a few kilometers of driving... :dontknow::)

I guess it will be hasitating again when in damp weather a few days.
The wires tend to get greenly oxidised when old. The green atracts moist. It will do all sorts of weird things like short circuit without blowing a fuse or drain battery. And maybe a faulty flasher.
You should check wiring and fusebox again.

And i forgot... No ground.. it will let the magic smoke out if grounded..

still working... :whistle:
You should check wiring and fusebox again.
cleaned everything, it's perfect now! Here are the pictures before:

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9961.JPG
    IMG_9961.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9963.JPG
    IMG_9963.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 5
Those were indeed in need of cleaning. Hope it status fixed now

yes, but cleaning didn't solve the problem.. the mystery surrounding defectase remains.. :vsad:

I found it in my "warehouse"..
heavy duty flasher.. what it means?? for multiple bulbs?
Which species is my previous relay? Thermal flashers as this one? :vsad:
He demands 14 Amp fuse.

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 1
If the flasher unit was used to power a hazard circuit as well it would need to light 4 x 21 watt bulbs, so a 10 amp fuse would be plenty, although if the car was towing a trailer it might need a higher fuse.

so which fuse is adequate? 5 or 10Amp? As if the relay is not capable of performing both functions..

I'd suggest a 10 amp fuse would be suitable. This would handle four 21 watt bulbs, plus a little margin for safety. The "P" terminal goes to the dashboard warning light, the "X" to the power feed from the battery and the "L" to the indicator switch and or hazard switch.

as you originally said, manual recommends 5A. It's strangely that they did not take it into consideration both function (turn signal and hazard warning).
Have you decided to alter your decision? :confused:
Flasher must combines the functions of a turn signal flasher and hazard warning flasher into one package.

• centrale clignotante fusible intesinte.png
    centrale clignotante fusible intesinte.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 4
Its a fuse.. its for safety... If you put in a 5amp maybe it blows more often. 10amp or 15amp would not start a fire if that's what you are worrying about. Put in the relay, put in a fuse, drive the car... And finnaly be done with it.
Happy flashing!

@Crelesy , everything you wrote is familiar to me, general issue.. :)
my question was why that HD flasher (from the last picture) requires 14Amp fuse?
because "The hazard warning flasher works slower, but turn signal flasher (left or right) works fast.."

Back