Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Susanne, all the way from the Netherlands

Well done :D The car looks much more original than the first one you showed, so should be less trouble. The price is good if it's a good car underneath.

So, now you will need to think of a name for the R4.

Great news, its a lovely looking car, I hope you're very happy wih your latest purchase.

a name..

We, the girl next door (6 years old) and I decided that it absolutely is a boy. It looks tough and cool, so it's a boy.

At the moment it is Timmetje, in Dutch that is a small Tim.
Although I'm still surprised about the amount of space in the back when I put up the couch :shock:
So maybe just Tim..

..Great name Susanne..

..But you may well have the only male Renault 4 in Europe but so what, I once had a cat that I assumed was female so when we took Mange Toute to the vet and asked him to neuter her, the vet replied 'what do youy mean her?'

So Tim he is and he certainly gets around doesnt he...here he is in Kew Gardens parked under a famous American Ash tree 3 weeks ago, just before you bought him Susanne!!

• 1 x.jpg
    1 x.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 71
Susanne - I think the name Timmetje sounds great for a R4 and he will not be the only male R4 in Europe there is Claude the van down here in Burgundy.

• DSCF0304.jpg
    DSCF0304.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 76
..Yes you are right Claude..

..here is the David Beckham of the Renault 4 world - Absolutely covered in tatoos..not sommit' a lady would do..

• ZXs.jpg
    ZXs.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 73
Funny there's a picture just like that in the gallery only in colour :rolleyes:

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=36&pictureid=158

And also......
Now, as Clementine will testify, Forum Rule 6 b, section 1c / b, Para 2 declares that 'no photo should ever be posted twice on the forum' or Parrots, who not only eat fruit in their cages and who sometime moonlight as Forum contributors, will fall off their perches with boredom ... and a good rule it is as well if you dont mind me saying so ...

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1178

Even the sun likes it

You saw Timmetje just 3 weeks ago underneath that tree? wow! :o

What a nice picture. Amazing how the light on the R4 shines so bright in comparison to it's surroundings.
You see, even the sun loves it more than anything!

:D

..Not so fast Captain Van Rouge..

..I checked with my lawyers, Messrs Trim,Tort and Terrific last night about this very rule and was advised that I have not infringed any Forum rules and have magaged to find a recent germain or do I mean German Wikipedia article about this verty subject..

So my case rests M'Lord - NOT GUILTY and you own me an apology in the form of a CD for casting Nastursums at my character.

And Susanne, good good morning from a sunny London and may the fountain pen of life write you a great script today and every day - As Malcolm once told me, Philatery gets you everywhere!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/asnp/RollerCancels.pdf

• xbc x.jpg
    xbc x.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 72
Is it to be assumed that there will soon be another competion to try and locate the place where the painted scene on the car originated from ?

By the way Susanne, our Renault 4 has never had windows or a boot lid that lock. No need for them in France. Most people still leave their keys in the ignition but then it is very rural!

..Well luckily I know..

..Its Count Von Trapp land and where the hills are definitively alive with the Sound of Musique and..........The Sound of Snails..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it to be assumed that there will soon be another competion to try and locate the place where the painted scene on the car originated from ?

By the way Susanne, our Renault 4 has never had windows or a boot lid that lock. No need for them in France. Most people still leave their keys in the ignition but then it is very rural!

I second that, Susanne. Our château is near the main thoroughfare for big shiny trucks and expensive cars. Every morning I go and get a baguette and come back and tell Mr B that this morning I could have got a new Citroen C5 or a Peugeot 607, or a nice shiny red truck. The drivers all stop and go into the Tabac or the Boulangerie and just leave the keys in and the engine running. Yesterday a woman left her car with the door open, her handbag on the seat and her phone on the dashboard!

BTW Ian, are there many lavender fields, sunflowers and poplars in Austria?????

Von couse gibt es Sie alberner Arsch

- Es gibt blasslila Felder in Österreich dass Yorkshire!!

Enough Germain stuff - did you like the Wikipedia ruling though?

That original Renault four Photo looks like La Rochelle.

..Did you manage to translate the Germain Bluebell?

..If not, why not..?

Aahh cheers Claude, I hadn't seen the photo in your album.

..It didnt translate very well did it..

..It was supposed to say 'there are more lavender fields in Austria than Yorkshire' but I see that 'lavender fields' translated as 'Purple Fields'!!

Back