Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Its competition time again

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Hello Everyone

We are all having a ball here in France and yesterday was the best day ever as we went to a wedding and the honeymoon car was...... a Reneult 4 and here it is.

Now in front of the car are my 2 best friends in the whole wide world sporting traditional French summer gear.

To win the competition you have to guess their names, where they originally come from and where they now live?

The prize as usual will be my latest CD release - Ian Stanbury Greatest Hits

• DSC01254 email.jpg
    DSC01254 email.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 189
Brilliant. Renault 4s are popular as wedding cars.

mini_florence_wedding.jpg

I'd advise people not to use shaving foam for decoration though - that seems to take all the paint off.

It's an easy competition this time. The bloke is called Steve and is from Newcastle. He moved to London and that's where he met Helen (a Londener by birth). They were married in France, but now live in Outer Mongilia.

I'd would like to donate my CD to the hungry in Africa. Failing that can it go to the Africans in Hungary?

You're almost right Malcolm. But it's the newly weds Vladimir and Olga Ivanov. You can tell they are not British because he is not wearing socks with his sandals. This couple have come the the West straight from the saltmines in Siberia. They have taken great pains to blend with the locals. She's done quite well in her retro dress which is still widely available in all good French markets next to the stall with the elastic corsets and huge knickers. He has been looking at an old Heat magazine, hence the jumper around the shoulders, and is anticipating that Olga will shortly surprise him with a honeymoon in Hawaii.

Now while I agree with Bluebell about the clothing available from your local French market I have to disagree about where they're from.

I believe they are called Jason and Sandra and are originally from the West Midlands, they have a young son who is also cool, indeed he believes he's so cool that only he can manage the look of 4 popped collars. They all now live happily on the Ile De Re happily blending in with the locals.

4popped-collars.png

Unless Jason and Sandra have won the Lottery I don't think they would be living on the île de Ré as Ian Stanbury took us there once and he said it was too posh even for us! :cool: And did they just get married to embarrass their son?

Ok well they look a little gangsterish and Ile de Ré would be a great hideout to while away the years!

Yes, I'm beginning to come around to your way of thinking Pepper. They are actually from Sicily and he is a mafia boss called Salvatore. That's why they look so uncomfortable acting like innocent bystanders.

I'm getting worried for who ever took the photo, he does look rather mean doesn't he?

..Still alive und Kicking..

..Just been exceptionally busy out on SPOTTING duty here in the sunny Vendee

And am still waiting on more competition replies as you are all miles away from the right answer - A clue:

Down south and I dont mean Mexico

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 167
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 161
Everything becomes clear now. They are called Rhett and Scarlet. They are on their hols from Atlanta, Georgia, and after some tragic deaths, unrequieted love and burning houses Rhett will walk out and say he doesn't care a damn.

.Brillant Pepper.

..At least you are on the ball and you must be a huge Nils Lofgren fan as well like me!!

Now team where are they from?

You are on the right track Bluebell but go round the globe more and down a bit...past Brixham

Here are some old Brixham R4 Trawlers - Best place for seagulls and all their associated squarking at 5am in the world..

• 06FEBF.jpg
    06FEBF.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 41
Did they originally come from Paris? And are they going back to Le Moulin Braud? Not a million miles away from Le Moulin Bodin?

Last edited:
Ohhhhh i wanted mine like that but my dad being the virgo he is sed it wudnt look ryt as thte width of the lines wudnt be the same all the way down...i loveeeee it!!!!

the red and white car i mean sorry didnt realise thr was 2 pages..hehe

I think this is Senor Berlusconi after his last face-lift where they accidentaly clamped his long-trousers in the process of lifting his face
so the hairline should remain low.
The lady is his personal nurse.
They both live in Sicily as he's got so many close friends down there.
Mr.B was born 39years ago-in Jerusalem -On the 3.rd day.
at least that's what he want people to believe.

PS:Didn't I tell you I received the Grand Prize? -If so...Sorry
I did and on the way back I nearly drove into the ditch listening to Ravels Bolero..............................................................-R.

Have a heart Ian, give us another clue. A long shot, is it some seafaring friends from Dartmouth College come to La belle Vendée for a wedding?

Anyway, I thought Pepper and I were your bestest friends.........

..You are, you are, you are..

..But I cant give you any more clues as my friends are on their way home at this very moment - The last I heard they were in Hong Kong..so where are they going? A small clue..Down South and I dont mean Australia..

Now, when they get home they are going to identify themselves and then you are all in for a big surprise...Bet you cant wait?

What do you all think of my new caravan? Its as big as Bluebells' Cormatin garage and if I am correct you could park 4 Renault Fours in the ground floor alone!!

• Photo-0023.jpg
    Photo-0023.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 32
Back