Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Meeting 1st May 2016

Sunshine permitting the yellow peril will be attending
Been busy with work so rodeo has been put on hold

possible to sale my renault 4 if i come there in kent from croatia.thanks

We'll need pictures :-D

To be honest it's a turn out of mainly current owners, there won't be many other people there looking to purchase.

It will be good to see everyone. I think I might come down in the F4 estate this year - the MOT guy suggested I might not be allowed to bring it down next year and seemed very nervous about his testing licence.

Rodeo-fest next year Paul? - or should we pencil in the year after?

Don't forget to bring your spare rear view (windscreen) mirrors down for the rear view mirror competition. First prize is a free trip in an F4 Estate (for the mirror) :laughing:.

Once again I will have to miss out, bugger...
Lisa has been very ill and in and out of hospital over the last 6 months. Now she is on the mend we will be resting away on holiday that weekend.
Have fun and enjoy!

Hi Stuart.

Sorry to hear that and sorry you won't be there. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing whatever interesting car you turned up in! I think you bought a beige van from me in about 2004. I often wonder what happened to it.

Hope to meet you at some point.

Chris

Hi Stuart, very sorry to read that Lisa has been ill, but glad to hear that she is on the road to recovery. Hey, there will be other Renault dos' to go to, we all know our health is the most important thing in our lives. I've not been on here for a while following the sad demise of my 4L last September, and since then I have been driving an early Twingo, which I've had permission to take to the Kent meet. So see the rest of you there.

Regards Brian.

What happened to your R4 Brian? Will be good to see you at the run. I am also guilty of bringing other Renaults down to Kent more often than not.

Sorry to hear about your R4 Brian, but glad that you are coming. Hope to see you there.

Hi chaps, I was on my way to work one morning and Marigold and I had an argument with a Ford Mondeo. Marigold was quite badly bent, and the Mondeo didn't come off too well either. Anyway, I wasn't in a position to fix my old friend so she has been passed on to a fellow enthusiast who is using her in a rebuild of his own car. She's become an organ donor. So for now I'm 4less, but I dare say I will replace her in the future. The Twingo is good fun but it hasn't got the character of the Quatrelle.

Really sorry to hear about that, Brian, but good that she signed the organ donor register. Hope you were OK?

Luckily for me Jonathan I was completely untouched so it could have been a lot worse. That's not to say I wasn't shaken up though. Not a good experience by any means. Thank you for your kind words.

Hi Stuart, very sorry to read that Lisa has been ill, but glad to hear that she is on the road to recovery. Hey, there will be other Renault dos' to go to, we all know our health is the most important thing in our lives. I've not been on here for a while following the sad demise of my 4L last September, and since then I have been driving an early Twingo, which I've had permission to take to the Kent meet. So see the rest of you there.

Regards Brian.
$_57 (1).JPGThis is my latest Twingo, which will be for sale when I have finished registering it...

Really sorry to hear about your accident, Brian, and I'm happy for you that you emerged unscathed. Poor Marigold, you've had her forever!:(

I really love Twingos but, with the exception of a tiny number of UK conversions, are all LHD.

Thank you for your comments chaps. You are right Stuart, 4s don't come off too well in an accident. The ironic thing is I was going to take Marigold off the road for the winter, I owed her some fettling as she'd served me so well, and I was going to get a Twingo as an everyday car. Your Twingo looks good, very original, even has its factory fitted wheel trims. I had only had the 4 for six years Mojo, it seems like a lot longer. I had covered nearly 30,000 miles in that time, met some great people and seen some wonderful places. I'm sure I have lasting friendships because of that little car.
Paul, yes I know LHD is not to everyone's taste, but it is a bit different, not the everyday norm. It keeps you on your toes, in a nice way, and it's just right for trips across the Channel of course.

So sorry to here about Marigold Brian but i'm sure it won't be to long before you find another one to replace her.

Thank you Bobble for your kind words. I've kept all the goodies and extras, including the roof-rack you picked up for me in France that I had fitted to her just in case......:whistle:

I know its not an R4...or even French but my Saab is having a battle with the MOT man at the mo. Just spent friday in the rain doing a CV boot, handbrake and rear light, one last patch of welding today (This reminds me of a certain car I was using a while back come to think of it.....guesses what that was? ;) ) and she should good for a pass and invade on the 1st :P

She was being made and sold at the same time as the Renault 4 and is just as iconic......

Sorry about your R4 Brain, it was a lovely colourful little car :( Hope the twingo is giving you a similar joy.

Back