Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Run 2010

Mrs renospeed

My other vehicle is a Moto Guzzi!
We are being very efficient and have already set a date for next years run; Sunday 2nd May- so no excuses Ian!

Hi All,
We are starting from the usual place (Coastbound services M2) meeting from 10am with departure at 11am sharp. Will try to keep it local this year so we are finishing at Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway ( www.bwlr.co.uk) and will try to put a stop in for lunch. The railway has a tearoom. Fingers crossed for good weather and lots of bluebells( the flowers, that is).
Mrs R

Last edited by a moderator:
..You are right Mrs R, no excuses this year..

..And as you can see I am already packed and ready to go..

• CIMG5260 e.jpg
    CIMG5260 e.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 652
well i am also loaded up ready to go may need some t-cut when i arrive :shock:

• IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 641
I'll be driving there. Not like these concours folk who have to trailer their cars everywhere. :hug:

With luck it should be the first sighting in the wild of my Gordini project. I know I said that last year too. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

..Pleanty of year left for the Gordini project Malcolm..

..After all The Boeing 787 is 2 years behind schedule and she has 2.8 million rivet's, 480 kms of brake pipe, 550 seats, 670 m2 of boot space, 10 tyres, 550 FM radios, 72 plugs, 148 carburettors, 78 points, 92 radiators, 160 drive shafts, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree to at the far end as well..

So I would say you are doing very well........................but what the fiddle de diddle do I know?

Talking of Concorde..here we go again..off on the Kent Run 2010!!

• CIMG5259 e.jpg
    CIMG5259 e.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 644
Its amazing how many of us are ready with our vehicles isn't it?

picture.php

I reckon we'd have the best convoy in the world!

hi everyone, well if someone's got a set of wheels i could borrow i'll be there as well ?

• anothercube[1].jpg
    anothercube[1].jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 649
If the Gordini is ready I expect to see it overtaking us then on the way south! Don't think we'll be able to keep up with you Malcolm!

..As no one has replied Bertl..

..I will fill you in..

We meet at the Aldi or is it the Lidl Service station near Maidstone and set off in first gear around the Cent Kountryside, south of London, changing into second, third or fourth gear if traffic permits..

We stop for a flasher kaltis bier at some nice country pub where Malcolm buys us all lunch.

We usually end the day at some huge mansion the size of Peppers place at tea time for a chat, a cup of tea and a smoked cucumber sandwich.

From there, when all R4 conversation is completed, we wizz off north south east and west with our digital cameras full of pics of the Kent Run 2010 and race home to be the first to post them on this site - I am usually the first as I am absolutely brilliant at such things....

So there we are - Will we see you this time - It is a long way to come though?

RIP: Ian's Dart 16's - gone to the great ocean in the sky!!

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 145
Ahh are your boats dead then?

Isn't it the local Netto that we meet at?

The details for this year have not yet been announced. I guess the starting point and timing will be the same as last year: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2634 or if not it will be surely announced in this thread. The destination will probably be different.

I'll be selling food this year for people who get desperate on the trip.

Did any boats survive Ian? What happened to the ones that didn't - flushed out to sea?

..You are right chaps, neither boat failed to survive sadly..

..And they have probably both gone to Davy Jones Hurt Locker..We couldn't find any sign of them at all - spooky!!

Its a real shame as it means the end of my possible Olympic sailing career as I now wont be able to get the hours in for possible Olympic selection for 2012.

Still there is an upside - I now can spend more time honing my windsurfing skills!!

I had an idea today team - Why does the Kent Run always start at the Netto Service Station on the M2? Why doesn't the Kent Run start at the Watford Gap Aldi Service station for you lot. You, the Northern Team could meet there and then head south together (and I don't mean to Mexico) and meet the South London gang at the Maidstone Lidl? It would mean that stranglers wouldn't get lost.

Just an idea...

• CIMG3642 1.jpg
    CIMG3642 1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 146
Good idea to arrange convoys. It's would be a fun thing to do on the long trip down to Kent.

jjad was talking about going down, so maybe a meet on the way at those new southbound services on the M1 after jn12? Hopefully Pepper will be there - perhaps another stop at South Mimms on the M25?

Shame about the boats. Does that mean the Olympics will be cancelled?

Hi Malcolm .. You mentioned food! How about a themed event? Food and French costume. Plus strings of onions. Garlic...... vin, biere. Maybe heat a Camembert under Clem's bonnet?

Sorry Ian. May look out of place at Watford Gap .. Cold greasy egg and black pudding washed down with tea perhaps?

Are we doing something special for fiftieth anniversary?

Derek was talking about a trip to France to celebrate the 50th birthday of the R4. That's next year so no need to worry just yet.

There's a fair chance I'll be there in the Gordini. Had a look at it the other day and it looks almost finished.

We'll come over to meet you guys at Watford Gap or some such, it was great running down in convoy last year with Malcolm and Le Champ.

..I will fill you in..

[snip]

So there we are - Will we see you this time - It is a long way to come though?

Hi Ian,
thanks for the exhausting details ... I might have a cunning plan.
But I won't be driving to the UK.

Details to follow ...

Robert

Back