Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Run 2010

..We had better watch out Team

..If Robert's Cunning Plan is anything like Baldricks, then we are all in for a bit of fun.

How exciting though - a little continental flavour to our QUINTESSENTIALLY ENGLISH habit of a Sunday afternoon drive...

• Wow.jpg
    Wow.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 163
Funny to think that we'd be part of a 'Northern contingent!' Malcolm, Pepper: we are travelling down on the Saturday and coming back Monday, so will miss the Grand North-South Convoy, which is a shame :(

Still, really looking forward to the Kent section again. Can't wait to see/hear the Gordini! Glad to hear there has been progress. Have you named her/him?

Jonathan

..If Robert's Cunning Plan is anything like Baldricks, then we are all in for a bit of fun.

How exciting though - a little continental flavour to our QUINTESSENTIALLY ENGLISH habit of a Sunday afternoon drive...

Well, I thought you wouldn't need more continental flavour than the exhaust fumes from shot glass-sized French cylinders ...
re. the Baldrickity of my cunning plan ... no turnips were harmed (so far) in its making. :smile:

Robert

..Ah ha Robert, I have got a cunning plan as well..

..This is what I have arranged for you :

You are coming to the UK in my friend Norbert Dentressangle's big red truck on the Augsberg to London Express.

You are to wait at the traffic lights on the Autobahn 17 at Oberottmarshausen next to the A30 Landsberger Strasse. You are to be there at exactly 1.25pm and are to wear red corduroy trousers, a yellow linen jacket, white shirt and a black tie - Under no circumstances are you to wear a traditional Wilhelmshaven fisherman's blue smock over a pair of ill fitting baggy Trachtenlederhose

My friend Gunter will be driving and I will tell him to come to a halt at the traffic lights and you are to jump into the cab, but and this is a very important but Robert, Gunter is expecting a password. Don't tell anyone this but the the password is:

Hello Gunter, have you heard this joke...A German farmer with relatives in the US promised them some fresh pork sausages made by hand from his very own stock of pigs. The weeks went by and nothing arrived so they gave him a call to complain that the package had not yet arrived.
Don't worry said the farmer, the wurst is yet to come.

Hope it all works out and see you on the 2nd May

• xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 153
Ian, Gunter called, mumbling something about you not having paid up for the scheme you described. I distinctly could hear "... ve haff vays ..." before he got more violent, so watch out for the big red truck in your quaint side street.

Now ...
would somebody put up with me as co-pilot? If all this works out I'll be staying the night to the 2nd with friends in Watford, so ...
... pickup in Watford (or a train station that is within reach from Watford on a Sunday morning) would be great.
... after the great event I'd need to go to Stansted airport (or any station that serves Stansted on a Sunday night)

Looking forward to seeing you in Kent
Robert

..That's brilliant Robert..

..And sorry about grumpy Gunter, I had hoped for a better reaction to a fellow German but hey ho

Now about you riding 'shot gun' on the run, I am sure one of my chums 'up north' will oblige as long as you promise us all a huge traditional Black Forest cake, an all expenses paid tip to the Munchen Bier fest in October , a private meeting with Helga, Gunilla and Gretta at the bier fest and a 4 m long string of the Best wursts you can lay your hand on...

Looking forward to meeting you

• wow 1.jpg
    wow 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 131
met up with Derek Flavell (Renospeed) today as he came to buy a R12 estate from my friends barn
apparrently route is still being planned (he did ask wether i had sorted my bodywork issues out ? )

I'll talk with Malcolm, and see what he's doing as for me if I came down the M40 then it wouldn't be a problem to pick you up.

Though my Fours not the shiniest of examples, its how I like my cars rough and ready just like my women ;)

Stansted can be on my way home. Could be there's a plan there.

Seems my incessant prayers to St. Baldrick have been heard. We have a cunning plan!
Thanks pepper and Malcolm, I'll pm you with details in advance of the run.
I'm really looking forward to this.
Robert

..Good news Robert and it not your prayers that have paid off..

..Its the fact that the idea of you bringing a yard and a half of Best Wursts and a huge Black Forest Gateau is making us all salivate already and we are still over a month away and then its off to Munchen in October - Cant wait!!

• Renault 4 097.jpg
    Renault 4 097.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 198
Ok spoken to my rough woman, she's not able to come down to the run this year, as her church have a once a year day where everyone turns up and she's promised to go.

I'll actually prefer coming down to Watford than the M1 as its a lovely run down the old A41, so its all go from this end.

All we need now is The Blacksmith to come over so he can pick up his headrests and everything will be all organised.

Kent Run Latest!

Hi All,
We are starting from the usual place (Coastbound services M2) meeting from 10am with departure at 11. Will try to keep it local this year so we are finishing at Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway ( www.bwlr.co.uk) and will try to put a stop in for lunch. The railway has a tearoom. Fingers crossed for good weather and lots of bluebells( the flowers, that is).
Mrs R

That sounds fantastic and the railway is running on 2nd May! Lunch stop gets my vote too - I never bring enough food.

I've been working on the Gordini over the lst couple of days. If I keep that up there's every chance it will almost be finished in time for the run.

I'll bring your trees Pepper. :D

Excellent, I need those trees, some little **&£&*'s have snapped a couple off in the park!

Going to sneak in and replace them.

So who is coming?

So far we've got me with Steve Hennessey in a yet to be determined R4 (either a rusty yellow one or the Gordini) , Firstandbest (with Sir Ian) in a green R4 that they pretend is blue, Pepper in a properly blue R4 (possibly with Bertl if he gets in touch), jjad (a lighter shade of blue), and a possible Victoria in a white R4.

Who have I missed out?

..You have missed out Victoria Hoskyns Malcolm..

..and her in her Light Blue Reg

I expect she is just going to use her Harry Potter invisibility cloak until she remogulates out of thin air on the day and we are all going to be amazed..

Brilliant idea Vicky Victoria

• Kate 2.jpg
    Kate 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 102
unlikely to be joining you this year yellow peril is still in hibernation and really feel should of been spending time on some restoration work on bodywork
have also got a clashing event and no available passenger :(
wishing you all good weather and a fun time :p

..Good news team..

..I have had a secret message from our German Ambassador Robert which I have managed to decipher to say that now that Bayern Munich are in the European Cup final he WILL be able to be with us for the Kent run and Pepper, I have asked him to confirm with you about riding shotgun, so watch your inbox.

He has also confirmed that he will be arriving with a yard of his Best Wursts - Brilliant Robert

Message received sir, all is in order, just awaiting our final briefing now, over and out.

Back