Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Le Bon Coin -a small clarification

reidalpine

Enthusiast
If you-like me have been trying to get in touch with sellers on LBC and never got a response..
Even if logged on and reg'd with French address etc.Trying to click on Show tel.number won't work
even sending an email via LBC to seller (and also getting a notification from LBC saying "your email has been sent to seller")
seems to me never to work....

-Contacting LBC I got a reply saying "LBC is for France only -to avoid scams and swindle. (???)

therfore: All emails to adverticers IP-address is automatically backtracked by LBC-system and
if found to originate from some dubious unfurnitured strange country (read::outside of France)
your email will be Automatically deleted.This means seller won't get to see it......

I wonder;Is this also the case if sent from server inside EC?? (Norway being the eternal Outsider)

Do our French cousins:artist: confuse Foreigners with Aliens:flame: or what the hey?? -R.

That could explain it then as I always get responses etc and my French is crap i.e. written like a foreigner.

I have bought items off the Le Bon Coin for others and then reshipped it before so if there is anything you see and is a must then let me know. Other than big engines, gearboxes etc, just little stuff.

Strangely enough I can see the phone numbers from my connection. If you are having trouble, try connecting to the site via a proxy based in France. Google will provide instructions if you need them.

Very kind offer tripyrenees-Thanx much.
proxy huh.. I'll look into that as it annoys the bejeezus out of me when finding some nice stuff on LBC
and knowing at same time I won't get a response.
Good we have some on here that's not a complete computor-illiterate as myself...:scared: -R.

I have a .co.uk email and i have no problem in emails or seeing numbers. I have just bought a tractor via email (although turns out the seller is English!) What i have found is some PC's, especially Ipads hardly ever display phone numbers so i use windows for bon coin.

LBC has started to hide the number anyway - but if you click on the icon where the number is normally, it will appear.

Never let on to them that you are out of the country. Always just ask if it is still for sale "est ce que toujour a vendre" They will normally come back to you.

I always ignore silly offers or just silly questions

as Some of you know I use an android phone and no pc I had previously found on the google play store app le bon coin app which makes browsing the french site pretty easy also screenshots can be taken of exciting stuff the rumour is the french tend to ignore english Buyers
but the conspiracy runs deeper than that when I upgraded to a new phone at the beginning of the year went to download le bon coin to find it is not available in this countryI did get around it by backing up the app from my Old phone and mailing it to my new one
if anybody wants the apk file I can send it to you via e-mail

I have bought two cars from LBC, I used very bad French/Google translate via email and said upfront that I was a UK Renault fan.
But I also agree that sometime emails are just ignored, I guess it simply depends on the seller.
What we need is a France based secrect agent to do all the negotiations for us!

I have found a very good collection of F4 vans on there.
We are in France in 2 weeks time and then again for Le Mans in June.
Would my wife be surprised if we just happened to drive past a gate during the travels:doh::clapping:

Over the years I have bought quite a lot from Leboncoin … a couple of cars, turbo, carburettors etc… I have always attempted an email in French. And sometimes I just get no reply.

agree with you Stuart..a middleman of correct 4Lheritage would have been nice..
Me? - I use to use up my bad French when I don't get a response:fighting:
(see also Tripyrenees post over) -R.

Vive La France!

being in France for the moment I now have no problms with clicking and getting the phonenumbers displayed,I need some advice as
how to use a French proxy-adress from home in Norway..
-Be gentle with me as I'm a 'puter-illiterate ok? :vsad: -R.

Screenshot_2015-08-14-08-04-09.png Screenshot_2015-08-14-08-04-23.png So you're currently in France trying to buy up all the french goodies
Not sure what phone you have got but if it is an android smartphone I can recommend installing the leboncoin app
I will explain more it is only available on a french google account or ip adress
for any one interested I have got a copy of the actual installation apk file
This works fine and will let me see phone number by clicking the option to see number and as I am in England guess it should work elsewhere

The example that Paul has given here originates from Department 84 – a lovely salt-free region in terms of tarmac and winter driving. One thing caught my eye in the ad: the chassis mileage differs from that of the motor. Is this fodder for the DVLA hair-splitters that we have read so much about in the Discussions Forum this week?

Interestingly, there’s a choice of 28 Rodeos listed on LBC this morning. Smack in the middle we find an apparently tasteful pink F4/F6………… until we get to pic 3 that is!! Evidence of being in a fight with a solid object………….. must be heart-breaking for the owner.

I know this next tip is of little value to folk experiencing difficulties communicating with sellers on leboncoin.fr who are currently UK based, but the next time you are in Europe, you can circumvent these annoying obstructions to home-registered equipment:

Visit a public library with your passport or photo I.D., speak nicely to the receptionist, and you will be granted access to their internet facilities. I have NEVER been refused. Sometimes, in smaller towns and villages in France, the Marie may also extend their hospitality.

Good Luck

Paul I may have to talk to you about that app, it would be so much better than using the net.

Back