Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

On your marks, get set and good news

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
After the Kent run this year (May 2nd) I may well decide to sell my fabulous green Renault 4 - B 834 EGK

She has served me incredibly well and you dedicated followers of this site will know her history.

She is taxed until the end of August and MOT'd til January 2010

She starts on the button and has done roughly 70k

If anyone is seriously interested in buying her and is happy to wait til early May to take delivery, please send me a pm.

Please do not ask questions on the site as I post enough boring stiff already.

The only repairs that I think will be required in the next year or so will be new front wings as they have both started to bubble up at the top and one has had a small biff.

She lives in Dulwich - London SE21

• CIMG0004.jpg
    CIMG0004.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 427
Please do not ask questions on the site as I post enough boring stuff already.

Au contraire! Your posts are always a pleasure to read. I hope you don't stop contributing to the forum and lighting up the R4 scene, if you sell your well-travelled R4 :)

Does that mean you are coming to the Kent Run? Hope to see you there.

..Right right, you are jolly well right..

..Well spotted Reggie - My deliberate mistake - MOT until January 2011

Someone has just pm'd me asking what the other side of the car looks like, so here it is - spotless as you can see!!

And yes I am coming on the Kent run - I am coming back from France on Concorde specially for the day..

• CIMG0004 a.jpg
    CIMG0004 a.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 428
...Someone has just pm'd me asking what the other side of the car looks like, so here it is - spotless as you can see!!...
:mrgreen:

And - just in case someone wants to know - Ian's R4 is spotless even upside down. ;)

David

• CIMG0004 a.jpg
    CIMG0004 a.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 422
yeb r4

y e b, yorkshire electricity board used that colour years ago- i always think of of it when i see an r4 in it- which isnt often- before anybody asks
Reg

Looking forward to meeting you in Kent, Ian :)

Jonathan

Going going..

GONE......and to a good home I am sure!!

So as to avoid any more of you getting excited about buying my car, I am delighted to say that I have come to an agreement with a very nice person who contributes regularly to this wonderful site to take my car after the Kent Run in May.

So now team it is time to speculate who that person is?

Is it a man or a woman - Do they live in North or South of the UK - Do they live in the East or the West of the UK - Do they live in Ireland - Do they actually live in the UK - Are they old or young - Are they rich or poor - Do they play inside left for a Premier League football club - Do they smoke - Do they go to church regularly on Sundays - Do they like Rioja with their dinner - Do they have a house in France - Do they spend their weekends water skiing - Do they perfer builders tea to Earl Grey - Do they have a dog

I could go on, but I wont.

Whoever IS having my car, you are welcome to tell us all, but I would prefer if you could make all our fabulous site team contributors 'work' for the answer..

So Team, here is a little poetry that I have just written as a clue:

Everybody's high on consolation
Everybody's trying to tell me what's right for me
My daddy tried to bore me with a sermon
but it's plain to see that they can't comfort me

Sorry Charlie for the imposition
I think I've got it, got the strength to carry on
I need a drink and a quick decision
Now it's up to me, ooh what will be

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
better learn how to face it
She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
pay the devil to replace her
She's Gone - what went wrong?

Up in the morning look in the mirror
I'm worn as her tooth brush hanging in the stand
my face ain't looking any younger
now I can see love's taken her toll on me

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd

Think I'll spend eternity in the city
let the carbon and monoxide choke my thoughts away
and pretty bodies help dissolve the memories
but they can never be what she was to me

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd

• Photo0048 e.jpg
    Photo0048 e.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 384
Aah things won't be the same without you owning a Renault 4!!!

Are you planning to get something to replace her?

One down, two to go Pepper..

..You are wrong Steve and you are right Steve.....but is it Martin Hall who you are right about and you are wrong about me writing the lyrics or is it Martin Hall who you are wrong about and you are you right about me writing the lyrics - Only you know

I have an idea...Martin Hall should own up...Martin, are you going to be the proud owner of my car after the Kent Run in May?

As for you Pepper, you have failed to corroborate the story about your Peasant Plucking life that I posted a while ago - Was that correct or was that not correct?

• xv.jpg
    xv.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 119
LOL morning Ian I've been so busy these past few months. I shall wander over to my breaking thread and see what the pluck you're on about. :rolleyes:

..You are wrong Steve and you are right Steve.....but is it Martin Hall who you are right about and you are wrong about me writing the lyrics or is it Martin Hall who you are wrong about and you are you right about me writing the lyrics - Only you know

There appears to be some Jiggery Pokey going on here!!!!!!

• 1973 She is Gone.jpg
    1973 She is Gone.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 117
mystery r4 buyer

it has got to be sombody you know well and trust to do a deal that quick and say its sold- so its a fellow r4 person ? 4 sure
Reg

Hercule Frog has been investigating.

At the bottom of the page where you can see who is online there are 2 members who have been on an awful lot in the last day. Hercule can announce who the buyer is... it's Ian Stanbury!

Oh wait, he's nipping at my ankles - he says it could also be the other one. :D

..No cheating Malcolm, and no giving the game away..

..After all Malcolm you could take a peep at the pm's of course or is that against your rules!!

You are therefore not allowed to give the game away and amazingly enough today is the birthday of the person whose is going to be the new guardian my car in perpetuity!! What a fab birthday present dont you all think?

So .... :

Happy Birthday to you, squashed tomatoes and stew, bread and butter in the gutter, Happy Birthday to you.

And Steve, that thread with the old juke box single was fab - well done!!

And Pepper, we must try singing your Peasant Pluckers song after a few beers next time we are together shouldnt we?

• zcm.jpg
    zcm.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 107
I can't see PMs from the forum software - I can only count them, but I think I get a little cheaty boost from being able to see which pages people are looking at from the who is online thing at the bottom of the page.

Hercule the Frog says Happy Birthday to the mystery R4 buyer.

I'm reckoning so a pleasant plucking song is definitely on the cards.

..What has happened?

..Have you all gone to sleep or have you run out of guessing fluid?

A few more clues to get to get your grey matter moving again...

The owner to be loves England and France

His or her family were once lords and ladies - He or she is now merely a knight / lady of the road

Her or his grandfather was a bright spark but never travelled to Egypt

She or he used to drive around a small field

He or she spends most of the week 40 miles from Dulwich

She or he has a garage with a cafetierre and authentic French café songs playing (and a rug for his/ her existing my R4 !)

The unique colour of Ian's R4 will be a talking point at her / his work

Her / his first R4 was blue ~ His / her current R4 is a mongrel though the registration suggest she is always reliable.

• xcv c.jpg
    xcv c.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 92
My first Renault 4 is Blue does that mean I'm buying it?

But the only rug I have in my workshop is a Citroen one. :(

Back