Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Ornella the '65 R4 - SOLD

I couldn't do it! I've lived and fiddled with the MGA for 18 years. Took her out for a run today and she's just so nicely sorted. She started first time after 6 months in storage, and is very nicely balanced on the road. Only her paint lets her down. I'm going to blow some money on a respray and have her lovely again.

Ornella is still for sale I want to make some attempt at a clear out. Maybe Ermintrude will also find a new owner and get me down to 2 cars once the Gordini is finished.

seems you're down with some serious MGIties Malcolm. good strategy though-never sell untill you are Certain you are over her-or you'd spend the next 2-3years searching for a replacement...
best medicine will be when you have the Gorde ready and purring.....-R.

other cars

Hi Malcolm
If you would ever consider selling any other of your beautiful cars please let me know - if possible one that has been restored. Please contact me by email - alex @ thegeorgeinrye dot com.
I had GTL when I was 19 but would consider any model.
Thanks
Alex

Blub Blub! I was having a think of Ornella, as BB is really my rough and ready wheelbarrow, which is eventually going to live in my barn in France.

Never mind I shall have to think of something else, malcolm if you decide to sell the Gordini let me know please.

I hope you wrote into the contract a commitment to contribute to this forum!
:)

She sold the week after the Kent run. The buyer says he's not really a forum person so probably won't be on here much. No handover pics either sadly. I put some new door seals on (hopefully they will have settled in a bit now), and she made it to Southampton without trouble.

Not likely to have any other good R4s for sale any time soon - Ermintrude is getting increasingly scruffy - she'll need a bit of work soon. Renospeed would be a good person to ask for a restored car.

Back