Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Part number for Front caliper

nickharman

Enthusiast
I need a front R'H caliper Bendix type (with wedges), does anyone know part number and good source?

Thx

N

I need a front R'H caliper Bendix type (with wedges), does anyone know part number and good source?

Thx

N
Nick
The parts books give the number as 7701201778. If you use this number, make sure you're getting the whole caliper and not just a repair kit - some webpages are confusing.
Quite a few places in France do them on an exchange basis.
There's this:
https://www.4lparts.com/freins-av-a-disques/903-cylindre-de-roue-avant-droit-diametre-238mm.html (a confusing title, but the page is for a caliper).

Or a secondhand possibility?

Don't know what shipping is to France but heres some more options, all pairs, but the price difference isn’t too far removed from buying a single calliper :-

Nick
The parts books give the number as 7701201778. If you use this number, make sure you're getting the whole caliper and not just a repair kit - some webpages are confusing.
There's this:
https://www.4lparts.com/freins-av-a-disques/903-cylindre-de-roue-avant-droit-diametre-238mm.html (a confusing title, but the page is for a caliper).

Those second hand ones look a good deal.

Nick
There's this:

Some of those don't look right. The boncoin ones do though

Looking at the disc on 2nd photo looks as if pre new seals the r/h calliper had had sticking problems prior to rebuild, wouldn't rebuilding your existing give you the same, with the knowledge that job had been done properly.
( been stung myself by good looking photos of s/hand supposedly rebuilt parts, with the same type of yellow ‘checked’ ok marks to make rebuild look above board)

Loooking at the disc on 2nd photo looks as if pre new seals the r/h calliper had had sticking problems prior to rebuild, wouldn't rebuilding your existing give you the same, with the knowledge that job had been done properly.

Depends who is doing the rebuilding. I can't as I am mostly in UK

If that is the case especially with brakes being important to vehicles safety personally would go for new from suppliers you are happy with.

Unfortunately I can't do them myself without carrying them home on a plane!

The Spanish sites seem to offer the funny ones for E117 a pair which seems a good deal if they are to be trusted to fit.

I’ve used piezas a majority of the parts on my 4, only thing I have had to source from other suppliers because I wasn’t happy with fit/quality have been paper gaskets from one of the cheaper gasket sets they supply as kit ( admitedly the ones sold not in cheap kit seperatly looked identical to ones sourced elsewhere), rebuilt my brakes with parts sourced from them, but rebuilt my original callipers ( they were not stocked at time of rebuild).Have used them for driveshafts, front suspension balljoints , steering balljoints, mounts etc. Think with the callipers ( last in reply above) its a case of meeting a demand of unobtanium, does state ‘type Bendix’ not Bendix, so they are a pattern part, don’t know if todays laws are the same as 15-25years ago but this used to mean 5-10% difference from the original so not as infringe copyrights, which made pattern panels/lights etc.a challenge to fit correctly, but might account for the slight difference in the shape of the ‘claw’ part of the new callipers in photo. Sure a question of confirmation regarding suitability before purchase could remove any pre purchase doubts from them.

I’ve used piezas a majority of the parts on my 4, only thing I have had to source from other suppliers because I wasn’t happy with fit/quality have been paper gaskets from one of the cheaper gasket sets they supply as kit ( admitedly the ones sold not in cheap kit seperatly looked identical to ones sourced elsewhere), rebuilt my brakes with parts sourced from them, but rebuilt my original callipers ( they were not stocked at time of rebuild).Have used them for driveshafts, front suspension balljoints , steering balljoints, mounts etc. Think with the callipers ( last in reply above) its a case of meeting a demand of unobtanium, does state ‘type Bendix’ not Bendix, so they are a pattern part, don’t know if todays laws are the same as 10-20 years ago but this used to mean 5-10% difference from the original so not as infringe copyrights, which made pattern panels/lights etc.a challenge to fit correctly, but might account for the slight difference in the shape of the ‘claw’ part of the new callipers in photo. Sure a question of confirmation regarding suitability before purchase could remove any pre purchase doubts from them.

They are probably not likely to say that they won't fit :-)

Very True!, but does give you a written response to throw back at them from yourself if they don’t fit.

Back