Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Post your unusual R4 photos

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Hello everyone

I need 24 of you to reply to this thread to then enable me to do something rather nice for you all and the site but my only stipulation is that all replies MUST have a NEW photo attachment and no one is to reply twice - Remember, NO PHOTOS NO TREAT. Photos to be of anything interesting, like the attached, as long as there is some sort of R4 connection - So lets go and see how long it takes to get my 24 replies!!

Some of you may not find attaching photos easy but Clementine will run you through it if required.

• pebbles 1 r4 e.jpg
    pebbles 1 r4 e.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 426
Last edited by a moderator:
#1 Ermintrude in Melt-down

Ermintrude has been posing yet again - after Salvador Dali, the well known Renault 4 enthusiast.

• Persistance copy.jpg
    Persistance copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 409
#2 Ermintrude in Monte Carlo

Are the rules that all pictures have to include Ermintrude? Here she is after the Monte Carlo Rally. They managed a good placing thanks to Frederick's driving and Clementine's navigation.

• S62005_0123BE.jpg
    S62005_0123BE.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 418
As we all know Alonso is big R4 fan...

alonsosmallpl9.jpg

I have one more picture but... We'll put it somewhere else ;)

My R4's ugly sister's come to stay!
Plus for the arborists amongst you, (you know who you are), any idea as to what the almost leafless 'twig' to the left of the veedub is?
No prizes, purely for the fun of it!
Couple of clues, a heart stimulant is made from the bark and the timber's used in N. American house interiors. Grows to 150 - 190ft in the wild, should be a cracker when it's fully grown then!

• Car 049.jpg
    Car 049.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 392
Trees and R4s

American tulip tree?

We walked by your house last Sunday afternoon but didn't spot the Roodimobile. Next time I'll see if you've left the label on the tree! :)

Yep, Liriodendron Tulipifera it is, as for not spotting my car that'll be because your eyes were diverted by that 'wonderful' paint colour on the veedub!
I prefer to say it's moss green, my friends however aren't quite so kind, mucus green being but one description.
Not to worry, it's going to be R4 black in spring.
Next time your ambling by call in, there's always a brew on.

Thank you Roodini, that's very kind of you. Ermintrude :yellowre: would like to introduce herself.

After this minor diversion (all I know about trees came from this site!) let's have some more nice R4 pics. We don't know how long Prof Stanbury will hold his offer of a treat open.

..still waiting..

You are right Clementine

'I'm still waiting' (who sang that?) for the other 18 peps to add a thread and then you will all be able see whats on offer.

So as Delia Smith was one known to remark 'Lets be avvin' yer'

If I dont get the full team by the end of next week I will make up numbers with whoever has been recently active on the site.

So may January bring the snow and make your feet and fingers glow!!

Nutter SE21 and his CHINESE TULIP TREE

• tulip chinese 1 1.jpg
    tulip chinese 1 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 394
Unusual photo competition

There's a fabulous prize for the most interesting or unusual photo involving an R4. Judging will take place at the end of January so that gives you just four weeks to get posting!

..Clementine's pic..

What about another title..

..out of the frying pan and into the fire?

...and Bluebell - Whats the prize?

A trip to Scarbouough and the smell of kippers perhaps?

What about another title..

..out of the frying pan and into the fire?

...and Bluebell - Whats the prize?

A trip to Scarbouough and the smell of kippers perhaps?
It's a bit chilly in Scarborough this time of year Ian, but I can do the kippers. You'll just have to try and win the prize to find out what it is. Additional points are added for a good title.

Competition

Well done Ian.
Additional points are added for a good title.
Oh, and I forgot to say that there'll be a bonus for any nice snowy scenes that we might use for next year's Christmas card to forum members.
You can post as many times as you like too. Quantity as well as sheer artistry and wit will be taken into account by the judges. :wink:

..Moulin Bodin en hiver...

Bluebelle

What about this one:

Title: For those of you that dont know, my Renault 4 is one under the water!!!

• CIMG1924.JPG
    CIMG1924.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 158
So does this mean that Ian's got one of the rarest of all R4's, the sub-aquatic snorkel equiped, all round wet weather tyres, permanent windscreen wiping variant?
Is it propelled by a jet via the exhaust or did you fit a contemporary propeller?
Like the camouflage blue by the way!

Rudi

Ian

What you need is one of these modified R4s designed to float on rather than below the water.

I believe this is one of a range of craft Renault were working on to relieve congestion. But as most of the French motorways are practically empty apart from during August this idea was shelved.

• aquar4.jpg
    aquar4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 159
From Ian Stanbury -
...brillant...
...like this..

Does this win the prize Bluebelle?

Well it's neck and neck at the moment. You'll have noticed I haven't posted my entry yet. I'm just weighing up the opposition! :yellowre:

• iansentry.jpg
    iansentry.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 162
Star billing

Ermintrude was a special guest at the Renault factory during her recent trip to Paris. "Un superbe travail d'ingénierie" they kept saying. See her on the billboard as you pass by on the Seine. :yellowre:

• paris0091.jpg
    paris0091.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 163
Back