Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Post your unusual R4 photos

Birthday Girl

Ermintrude all dressed up for a birthday party today.

• partyR4.jpg
    partyR4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 179
Great chieftain o' the puddin'-race....

Great Uncle Claude was spotted out early this morning hunting for haggi in the heather.

Careful Claude, hasn't haggis hunting been banned recently?

• 2007_0125supperburns0017.jpg
    2007_0125supperburns0017.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 174
Burns Night

Claude and Ermintrude have just gone off with a brace of haggi and the best malt to prepare the Burns Supper. You are all invited. Happy Burns Night to one and all!

• 2007_0125supperburns0009.jpg
    2007_0125supperburns0009.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 167
Winner of the Unusual R4 Photo Competition

A panel of totally independent judges met in a secret location at the weekend to discuss the Unusual Photo Competition. I'm told that they were out at the bar for an exceptionally long time, but finally the judges returned a verdict. I quote extracts from their deliberations.

"The runner-up is Prof Ian Stanbury, whom we must certify. We have taken into account the art and humour of his many contributions, but we have had to deduct points as we noticed that none of his entries in the actual competition seem to involve a Renault 4.

Kangookris has been very highly commended for his technical skills and his vivid imagination re the capabilities of the Renault 4.

Bluebell is under investigation. Her computer has been siezed for evidence as it seems likely that at least one of her entries has been sourced from Kangookris.

Ermintrude gets a special prize for fortitude during the competition as she had to go to Paris, be decorated up and swim in the sea for the photos.

The overall winner is Clementine whose unadulterated and original photo inspired this competition. It is a simple statement about a cat and his toys. So many words in one picture!

The Judges' decision is final"

So, well done Ian. A consolation prize and certificate will be winging its way to SE21. Kangookris receives high commendation for his artistry. :yellowre: Ermintrude will get her reward with a repair to her bootlid and a service, while Clementine :clementi: will be taken out to an exotic location to be wined and dined at the weekend.

..bit of a fix..

Bluebelle

Seems like a bit of a fix to me - What about Sava's Belgrade pics, Rudi's Black R4 with the cool wheels, Pinkpenguinsdog new car, John Doe's Bosnian contribution, Martin Hall's Breton Baby, Mike from Spain's Purple Haze, Simon 'Dont mention the cricket' from Aus's brill pic of a R4 in SUNSHINE, Cock a doodle dude 'for sale' pic or even gpovanman's Casablanca?

Anyway I want to pass on my prize to a more worthy winner and would respectfully ask that you to send my prize to Sava in Belgrade please!!

• CIMG0062.JPG
    CIMG0062.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 149
You seem to have lost the plot, Ian. Yes, all the people you mentioned have posted fabulous pictures of R4s. But many are illustrative rather than unusual, or posted before the competition started. I rather intended that the unusual photos be posted on the 'Unusual Photograph Competition' thread too.

Sorry if anyone else was misled. All photos are greatly appreciated and add immensely to the interest of this forum. If anyone feels they have been missed out I'm sure there'll be some similar daft competition on the go soon.

My favourite photo is the Renault advertisement in Paris. Very well done! There are a few other recent photos that are very cool. Angel's art in the gallery is excellent, and Nicky4TL's photos are classics.

The helicopter in my photo landed in our farmyard unannounced. It belongs to a friend of a flatmate who just popped in for a cup of tea.

Maybe a Renault 4 art competitition next?

...yes but yes but yes..

..What a good idea Clementine - I am up for that and here we go....art for art sake!!

...Now I have to tell you all that I have some photos software that is so easy to use, is fab, is only £7 and has been used to do this. Details anyone?

• CIMG1142 art 1.jpg
    CIMG1142 art 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 150
Gimp

GIMP is an excellent image manipulation program and is free. It has a few artistic filters. It can be downloaded from http://www.gimp.org/

• r4_gimp.jpg
    r4_gimp.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Back